What the hell happened to the simple Right Click End marker??

klashe wrote on 1/10/2008, 5:35 AM
I have Magix muxic maker 2008.
My last music maker was 2004, but i also have videodeluxe 2006 and 2008.. They both still work with the richt click end marker. so did music maker 2004, but with music maker 2008 there's no right click end marker... I'm sure the new feature will work brilliantly, but i like to work fast and the left click start marker and the right click end marker was perfect for me.

My question is: is it possible to still use the right click end marker for MMM2008?

thank you :)

I don't know how to respond to a question as there's no option to, so trying it this way...

Answer: Music Maker doesn't have the exact same start and end marker concept as Video Deluxe, with the start marker also being the playback cursor. Music Maker features two smaller tracks above the actual content tracks. The lower one of these two with the scale on it can be used to position the play cursor via left click. The upper one is used to encompass the relevant part of the arrangement between a start and an end marker. This end marker is still positioned via right click.

response: But the markers from videodeluxe and music maker were the same before... and it worked perfectly. quick loops... quick repeated play if you need to hear a smallpart a few times in a row... etc.

now you have a scale thingie that isn't really obvious to where the beginning and end it as it has 2 lines at the beginning and 2 at the end. And when you forgot to make the scale smaller it starts at the beginning of the arangement..making you have to search the whole arrangement again for that part you needed to work on...
I know the explination is not very clear, but it's just that i'm really having trouble working like this... The old Music maker was soo perfect in that sense... and the new videodeluxe still has the same system and that's brilliant... you can work soo much faster and precise that way...

So magix music maker 2008 doesn't have that feature anymore... what was the last music maker that did have it and how can i get a hold of it? I can't return music maker 2008 anymore, but i can maybe sell it on ebay or something and buy one that still uses the old system..

thx again

Comments

shelley1 wrote on 1/16/2008, 11:08 AM
What program do you have? What exactly is the problem?
ralftaro wrote on 1/18/2008, 5:47 AM
Please make sure to properly distinguish between the different kinds of markers in the program here. Music Maker doesn't have the exact same start and end marker concept as Video Deluxe, with the start marker also being the playback cursor. Music Maker features two smaller tracks above the actual content tracks. The lower one of these two with the scale on it can be used to position the play cursor via left click. The upper one is used to encompass the relevant part of the arrangement between a start and an end marker. This end marker is still positioned via right click. You just need to make sure you're in the right track to do this.
NoTurning wrote on 6/23/2008, 8:39 PM
If you still have MM2008... I'll buy it!
Justin
Spark wrote on 2/8/2009, 11:11 AM

Perhaps you have found a bug. Movie Edit Pro has a huge bug with the start and end markers. You'll create a movie and somehow the right and left markers get reversed. You can't play anything this way and there is no way I can see to set them back in their proper positions. I'm really losing patience with this program. 4 hours of editing and my movie won't play anymore.