What on earth has happened?

bollingerbabe wrote on 7/3/2017, 5:35 PM

I noticed that PhotoStory Deluxe 2017 had a new major update to download/install so I went ahead and did it, to version 16.1.4.32.

What on earth has happened to it? None of the transitions work - when previewing them nothing happens at all, and when using the previously-excellent wizard no transitions are applied. Even the Complete Demo file that is included in the installation, and is supposed to show the best of PhotoStory, does not run properly and its transitions and collages don't work at all.

In addition, there are major changes to the interface - it looks like a cross between the old interface and the new one, as if the program is incomplete. The new interface is clunky and tacky looking, and now includes the "store" where additional effects have to be purchased.

All in all, the new upgrade is really horrible. I have had to uninstall it all and reinstall the previous version, to get everything working again. It really seems as if the upgrade has been rushed out and hasn't been tested properly, and I am SO disappointed. :-(

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...