? what does it means ?

knud-nielsen wrote on 11/20/2017, 3:53 AM

First thank for your answer. It was OK. Sorry, but O do not know in which way I can aks the forum again in the correct way? maybe you can explain me. But I try to go further with another question here and hope that you will help me. My wants is: when you are useing a transistion (dissolve) f.ex. a circle and you want to freeze the opening of the circle for then other to go to the full opening or down again to close, what are there to do to get that effect ??

kindly

Knud Nielsen

Denmark

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 11/20/2017, 10:42 AM

Hi Knud

Do you mean something like this?

If so the effect is achieved with a single png image with a black background and a small transparent hole in the centre used as a mask.

The timeline is set up as you can see in the first image below, and the mask is animated using Keyframes to change the mask size.

In the first image you can see the size and position settings I have used for the first keyframe, the third keyframe at the end of the mask is the same, however you cannot see it in the image. These settings ensure that the circle is 'fully open' at the start and end of the transition effect.

The second image shows the middle keyframe settings - here the mask fills the whole screen leaving the centre small as you can see in the preview screen.

I have uploaded the mask image to Dropbox for you to try out.

This is the URL for the mask image:

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 11/20/2017, 12:29 PM, changed a total of 5 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

knud-nielsen wrote on 11/25/2017, 10:03 AM

SORRY but I can´t find out the wright way to write to you again after your answer, maybe you can explain it for me ? Thank you for your answer. Your are nearly right, but I am not sure about you are making a seemled moving of the circle in the opening of picture nr. 2 ore you only are operating with three steps from closed to full opening. Sorry, but I can´r open your video from dropbox. It could have been very interessting to se it.

kindly

Knud Nielsen
Denmark

johnebaker wrote on 11/25/2017, 1:00 PM

Hi Knud

Keyframes are a way of animating image and video movement and effects and are very useful.

Here is an explanation of how to animate the mask image using keyframes.  The values entered are for the mask image I made.

The down load link does not work - copy and paste this URL

https://www.dropbox.com/s/utfo7huykaao6sl/Black%207680%20small%20hole.png?dl=1

into your web browser, the download should automatically start

Her er en forklaring på, hvordan man kan animere maskebilledet ved hjælp af keyframes. De indtastede værdier er for det maskebillede, jeg lavede.

Downloadlinket virker ikke. Kopier og indsæt denne URL

https://www.dropbox.com/s/utfo7huykaao6sl/Black%207680%20small%20hole.png?dl=1

i din webbrowser, downloadingen skal starte automatisk

Keyframes er en måde at animere billed- og videobevægelser og effekter på og er meget nyttigt.

(Oversættelse - Google translate)

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 11/25/2017, 1:12 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

knud-nielsen wrote on 11/26/2017, 3:56 AM

Hi John.

Thank you for your great helpness. I am trying to follow your link to dropbox, but I am not using dropbox, so I can´t get throug to it and see your videodemonstration, sorry. Are there other ways to send it to me ? But another very big problem I hope you can help with. HOW are you making the end/stop of a show. Also when you are finished with everything in the programming and want to set the very last cue in the progam so everything stops and the shoe ends, what is the command to this ? When my last picture and a blach picture (bachground/desing) ends the show. it goes further and stop somewhere in the program where the curser are ??? and the slide on that place are showing on the screen and stands still as the last picture instead of the programmed picture as the endpicture. How am I programming the end af the show so everythings stops ?

Another thing: I can´t find the commando for marking different places in the timeline so I quickly can find specific places in the program to work fast when the program are growing big ?

sinserely yours

Knud Nielsen

denmark

johnebaker wrote on 11/26/2017, 11:27 AM

Hi Knud

. . . . I am trying to follow your link to dropbox, but I am not using dropbox, . . . .

You do not have to use Dropbox, the link I provided is for the Mask image I used in my example for you to try.

When you paste the link into your web browser you should get a dialog box asking if you want to save the file or in Chrome that the file has been downloaded as shown below:

Firefox

Chrome - at the bottom left of the Chrome window

Internet Explorer - at the bottom centre of the IE window

Microsoft Edge the dialog is similar to Internet Explorers - Edge persistently crashes every time on my PC and every fix available has not worked.

Stopping playback problem:

. . . . HOW are you making the end/stop of a show . . . . When my last picture and a blach picture (bachground/desing) ends the show. it goes further and stop somewhere in the program where the curser are ??? and the slide on that place are showing on the screen and stands still as the last picture instead of the programmed picture as the endpicture . . . .

See this video for the cause and how to fix the stopping part of the problem.

When you export the slideshow as a video eg MP4 or create a DVD disc the empty space at the end of the slideshow is ignored and the video file will stop at the end of the slideshow depending on the player setting, a DVD disc will return to the main menu.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 11/26/2017, 11:28 AM, changed a total of 1 times.