what are the steps to edit a movie

ambertape wrote on 2/1/2010, 2:34 PM
I am not sure how to go about editing a movie and deleting scenes. I would like to be able to select a scene using markers, cut it out but save the part cut out to be used if I make amistake and proceed editing the movie until it is finished.

Please list the steps in sequence.

I would like to take a number of small movies I made and process them until I make a 2 hr dvd. How can I bring in each movie and stitch them together , then edit them and make a new dvd ?

Please list the steps.

Thanks.

Comments

Clevo wrote on 2/2/2010, 7:51 AM
What you are asking is to write a manual for you....

Try this: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=magix+movie+edit+pro&search_type=&aq=f

Keep in mind the Movie Edit pro is  a no-distructive editor. this means decisions you make while editing the video on the timeline don't effect the original video.

While editing and you save your work what you are saving is what's known as project file EDL (Edit Decision List). Basically a text file with a list of instructions.

If you planning on editing a lot it's wise to get organised with your files. I have a folder called Video Projects...within that folders for each individual projects (eg Family Xmas Video...in that file I keep folders for all original master video, a folder for any sound files, a folder for stills/images & a folder for Video project EDL's.

A 2hour video will be too large for a single DVD without lowering the bit rate of the video...the lower the bit rate the lower the final quality.