Weird Fade at Tempo Changes V11 B17

OMEB wrote on 9/17/2022, 7:39 AM

I have a client that has asked me to recreate part of a Karaoke track for a reel. The tempo was all over the place so I manually entered tempos, as it would lose sync. I noticed on the new tracks that I'm recording to replace the karaoke track, right before the tempo marker there is an unmovable 'fade' that makes the tracks drop out before the temp marker. I checked every section where there is a tempo marker and this is the same at everyone. Any ideas?

Comments

Former user wrote on 9/17/2022, 8:57 AM

try using your mouse to grab the fade and collapse it

OMEB wrote on 9/17/2022, 10:38 AM

try using your mouse to grab the fade and collapse it

It's not grabbable. When I move the mouse over it it doesn't recognize it.

Former user wrote on 9/17/2022, 8:23 PM

@OMEB, sorry it didn't work. I'll try to duplicate the problem and see what else can be done. Best of luck , Cheers

sheppo wrote on 9/22/2022, 11:14 AM

Hi @OMEB

These are tempo ramp cross fades. you'll see them if you have a beat mapped audio file with a manually edited variable beat map (as you have here), or if you insert temp ramp markers on to your timeline. And yes, the fades are annoying! These are also applied to every audio event by default at the start and end to avoid unwanted clicking.

You can turn them off by going in to tools -> settings -> audio tab and unticking Quick fade edit edges of audio events

Or lessen the effect by keeping the tick enabled, and changing the Quick Fade Time (ms) number - using a lower number of 1 or 2 sounds okay to me, and can avoid unwanted clicks between audio starts and ends. But tweak to your liking :)