Website no longer accessible

John-Cragg wrote on 1/2/2020, 7:32 PM

I installed a website with Magix Website Builder some years ago. I received an email last month from Magix informing me that the website would no longe be available after October 2020. In the meantime payment for the domain and hosting charge was deducted from my account. I now wish to register a 301 notice directing all enquiries to another website with a different host. However, when I log in there is no longer nay reference to any website and I no longer access it to make alterations. Has anyone else had this experience or have any idea of how I can gain access to my website to make any changes?

John Cragg

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 1/3/2020, 4:46 AM

@John-Cragg

Hi

Assuming you mean you want tocreate a 301 redirect using the 301 error, a 301 notice is an entirely different subject, you can do this very easily without using the 301 error code.

Create a single web page, name it the same as the current homepage, with a text that states the website has moved to a new host/url and either provide a link to the new website location and/or an auto redirect after for example 5 secs. This will give youe site viewers plenty of time to bookmark the new url.

There are many examples available of how to do this on the Internet.

Can you post the main body of the text of the email, removing any confidential information, as I have not received any such notice.

HTH

John EB

Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 1/3/2020, 4:48 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

John-Cragg wrote on 1/9/2020, 5:02 AM

Thank you very much for the trouble you've taken in giving me this information which will be very useful. In the meanwhile I also got into the ticket system for problems and Magix have now answered which is very encouraging.

I will send you the email I received saying my website hosting will end in October this year. No doubt my set up is much older than yours and this may be the reason it is being phased out.

John Cragg

m2005 wrote on 1/14/2020, 10:53 AM

@John-Cragg: Are you sure you used the correct account? You should see all your domains @ magix-online.com

Also there you can setup a redirect for each domain.