Website Maker: Do you have to use Magix online for this to work?

siglersmalz wrote on 1/30/2009, 9:47 PM
Hi all,

I just bought Magix Webmaker for my son so he can make a more advance website.

I'm a little mystified.  I loaded it on his computer, but it appears the only way to make it actually run is to log onto the magix website using my logon account.

Question: Website Maker doesn't install on the PC?  I have to give him my Magix account logon  (since I registered the program using my account)?

It appears everything in Website Maker gets stored on the Magix website.  My son cannot keep his files on his PC?  How much space does Magix give us for this?

Lastly, does Website Maker force you to publish to the Magix website?  We can't publish our website on our ISP domain?

I'm pretty mystified by this.  I was expecting a normal software program that installs on my son's PC, uses the objects (photos, movies, etc.) that reside on his PC, and then writes the web files to his PC which can then be FTP'd to the web domain of our choice.

Am I correct in seeing that Website Maker is not this product?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

Former user wrote on 1/31/2009, 5:38 AM
Hi,

if you have registered the website maker under your email adress then your son have to login with your email adress. website maker is a online software, you do not have to install or store anything on your computer. that´s really cool and unique

The web or online storage depends on your kind of website maker. Free (500 MB), Easy (5 GB), Deluxe (10 GB) or the retail version (5 GB). For your website it will be more than adequate. i am sure.

yes, you only can publish your website on the magix server. if you have already a domain then you can proceed a simply domain transfer. here are more informations.

remember that website maker is not a normal software. it works online with all the advantages anywhere, anytime using is possible. and i don´t know a flash website builing tool which creates so funny animated websites. and in the end it is really easy to use.

Ciao! Revolver