Webdesigner 6 Install problems

kathryn0915 wrote on 5/20/2012, 1:53 PM

`I am TRYING to laodXara/Magix WebDesigner 6 - and i am getting a runtime error - stating - abnormal program termination - i have alreadey uninstalled it as well as restarting computer and reloading program - still getting same message...plz help!!! thx

What type of hardware are you using? - Colmpaq Presario CQ6
Which operating system are you using? Vista Home

I also have additional external drive - tried saving the program there - but when  it wouldnt run - i uninstalled from there and put on the c: drive...

Xara
Webdesigner 6

Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 5/29/2012, 2:06 PM

Hi,

How much free disc space do you have on your Presario?  The reason I ask is that if you don't have enough free space, you won't be able to install the application correctly and you will get "run time errors".  This is likely not a function of the application, but more likely windows telling you that it "can't run the application" either due to disc space problems, memory problems, or something related to the way the file was downloaded.  Web designer 6 is not all that computer resource intensive, so unless you have a lot of applications open when you try to download or install it, or you are almost out of disc space, the Compaq Presario CQ 6xx should be able to handle it.  Although with Vista you never really know.