Waveform output device "none" cannot play this format!

ikipster007 wrote on 10/5/2009, 5:37 AM
I have created a great video production on my computer using MAgix Pro 14, and everything was going great! But now all of a sudden I can't get it to play! Because this message comes up?

Wave form output 'none' cannot play this format! Reason: a device ID has been used that is out of range for your computer system.

Hell, I created the production on my computer, and it was working fine! If it worked everyday for a month, then all of a sudden it doesn't work and this message pops up all of a sudden! what the hell! Somebody help! a have a deadline to meet! 

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 10/5/2009, 9:13 AM
Hi,

Sounds like the audio driver cannot be interfaced properly by Movie Edit Pro. Might be something that can be rectified by checking and correcting the audio driver settings in the program (see below) or it might be an indications of actual sound driver troubles/conflicts.

Try this: When you're in the Movie Edit Pro 14 main screen, hit "P" on the keyboard to get into the program settings/playback tab. On the left-hand side of the dialog, you can change the audio driver settings. Experiment with both modes (Wave and DirectSound). On either selection, make sure that the drop-down list under "Output device" actually shows the name of your sound hardware, not some other random audio driver that might be in the system (e.g. built-in modem).

If that alone doesn't help, the sound driver might be messed up or their might be a driver conflict. Make sure the sound drivers for your card are functional and up-to-date. Download and install the drivers from the manufacturer, if necessary. If there are any conflicting audio drivers in the system, you might want to disable them altogether, at least while you're working with Movie Edit Pro (e.g. unplug USB devices or disable on-board modem in the computer's BIOS).

I hope this helps!