WAV/MP3 export Hints?

Michael-Hopcroft wrote on 1/28/2019, 12:12 PM

Now that I've gotten ACID Pro 365 to work again, and I've managed to use it for a few things, I have a clueless newcomer question. It doesn't seem to like it when I try to export my content as a WAV or MP3. WAV will export only one track -- either backing or vocal, but not both. Which is a shame as it does the actual recording of my vocals quite nicely. Obviously, if I'm making a demo I want all tracks.

As for MP3, attempting that causes a crash after a period of non-response. This isn't just an ACID problem -- Band-in-a-Box and Audacity are giving me the same issues.

Is there something missing in my system that is preventing me from encoding MP3s?

Comments

Michael-Hopcroft wrote on 1/29/2019, 11:39 AM

To follow up, I'm trying to work with MP3s and WAV files. The problem I am having exporting WAVs is that I can't get it to record all tracks -- onl the one I was working on most recently. I may need to go into another app to render to MP3, but right now rendering to WAV with all tracks is something I'm uncertain about.

Is it easier in Sound Forge?

johnebaker wrote on 1/29/2019, 1:10 PM

@Michael-Hopcroft

Hi

When exporting, the program will take all the vocals, instruments etc, from all the active tracks the individual tracks on the timeline mix them together to produce the audio file, usually in stereo unless you specify otherwise.

All tracks that you need must not be muted - any muted track will not appear in the final exported audio.

I would recommend that you look at rendering is covered - although it is for a different version the principles are the same.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

sheppo wrote on 2/2/2019, 9:56 AM

The key in John's statement is "active" tracks. Make sure you have all the tracks unmuted that you want rendered