want to combine several slideshows, export as single MP4 file

Jim_H wrote on 1/17/2023, 8:48 PM

I have used Photostory deluxe 2021 (ver. 19.0.2.46) to burn DVD's previously. I created several slideshows (usually by date) and combined them into one project. When burning to DVD, each slideshow showed up as a chapter on the DVD, which burned the complete project. When I try to do the same thing via "export", I only get the individual slideshow that is highlighted on the interface (even though I have saved them all as one project), not all of the combined slideshows. How do I combine them to get the same effect as with the DVD burn, but as am MP4 video?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/18/2023, 3:40 AM

@Jim_H

I just tested this in PS 2023 but it should be exactly the same in PS 2021.

To achieve what you want to do you need to combine the contents of ALL your slideshows into one project; simply opening them as separate projects (which I think is what you are doing) will not achieve this.

So, using Timeline view (IMO it is much easier to use this view):

1. Open the project whose content you wish to have as the first part of your mp4.
  2. Open the second in a new tab (the program will ask if you want to close the open project or add a new project. Choose the latter).
  3. In the second project, click on the first image and then press Ctrl+A (to select all the images) then Ctrl+C (to copy all the images).
  4. Return to the first project. Make sure the cursor is at the end (behind your final image). Press Ctrl+V (to paste all the images from the second project to the end of the first).
  5. Repeat this process for your third and fourth projects.
  6. Save this new project with a suitable name!
  7. Export.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Jim_H wrote on 1/19/2023, 10:49 AM

I tried it, and it worked great. Thanks for your help. Maybe in a future version, that will be a direct option.

emmrecs wrote on 1/19/2023, 1:49 PM

@Jim_H

Excellent to hear! I'm glad you were able to produce the video file you wanted. As to whether this will change in a future version, somehow I doubt it. The vast majority of users will have no need to combine earlier slideshows, I think.

Thanks for the feedback and happy video creating!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam