VST3's not working in ACID Pro 10

Jesse-Hays wrote on 5/7/2022, 8:23 AM

Hello All,

No VST3 will work in Acid Pro 10 for me, They used to work fine.....now none will work. All show "Audio Engine Inactive"

I've tried:

Reeboot PC multiple times

New scan of VST's

Force Rebuild of VSTs

Double checked scan location of VSTs

Default all options in Acid Pro 10

Reinstall of VSts

Reinstall of Acid Pro 10

Searching for an "engine enable" in the VSt standalone as well as Acid

Googled like a moth****cker to try and find anyone with a similar problem and solution.

Used the VSt3 standalone on my pc and through my interface with no issue, also verified that the sample rate and bit depth is supported across all.

I have used these Vst3's before with acid and had no issues in the past I really have no idea whats changed or been updated to make this issue appear.

PLEASE HELP!!

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/7/2022, 8:42 AM

@Jesse-Hays

Default all options in Acid Pro 10

By holding CTRL and SHIFT and double clicking on the program icon?

Have you tried Windows 8 compatibility mode for ACID?

Jesse-Hays wrote on 5/7/2022, 8:45 AM

I have already tried defaulting, I have not tried windows 8 compatibility. I will try that now, thanks for the help!

Jesse-Hays wrote on 5/7/2022, 8:52 AM

Unfortunately this also did not work....

I tried running as an admin in Win7 compat, Win 8 compat and back in Win 10. No luck

Tried running regular (not as admin) in Win 7 compat, Win 8 compat and Win 10. No luck.

Thanks for trying and the suggestion, I'm at my whits end.....

ALSO, I do have multiple drives, I have made sure that the VST3 and Acid are in the same drive.

Jesse-Hays wrote on 5/7/2022, 8:54 AM

Lastly, just to mention....I have tried this VST3 in another daw and it works with no issues.....my big issue is I've been an ACID user since about 1996.....I really would like to stay with ACID but it's getting really hard these days.....I've had a ton of issues.

SP. wrote on 5/7/2022, 8:55 AM

@Jesse-Hays Maybe there is a problem with your Windows installation?

Have you tried different audio drivers in the program settings?

SP. wrote on 5/7/2022, 8:59 AM

@Jesse-Hays It could be a problem with your audio interface. Please check that the master bus has a valid output.

Jesse-Hays wrote on 5/7/2022, 9:04 AM

Thank you SP, checked both the audio drivers (works fine with anything but VST3, Vst2 working with no issues) and the master bus, both are good with anything but VST3. My recorded audio through the interface works and I can use a VST2 instrument with no issue in playback. When I load a VST3 in the same project I get an "Audio Engine Inactive" message in the VST3.

Jesse-Hays wrote on 5/7/2022, 9:05 AM

I don't want to fully reinstall windows unless it's the absolute last resort

Jesse-Hays wrote on 5/7/2022, 9:06 AM

Also, SP I have ran the DAW without the interface and have the same issues, VST2 good....VST3 Bad.

SP. wrote on 5/7/2022, 9:31 AM

@Jesse-Hays Just a shot in the dark, what happens if you completely disable Windows Defender? Maybe the firewall is blocking something.

Jesse-Hays wrote on 5/7/2022, 9:51 AM

Ill give it a shot and report back....

Nope didn't work but that was a great idea to try. I appreciate the help.

Tom-Bosko wrote on 5/8/2022, 9:40 PM

Lastly, just to mention....I have tried this VST3 in another daw and it works with no issues.....my big issue is I've been an ACID user since about 1996.....I really would like to stay with ACID but it's getting really hard these days.....I've had a ton of issues.

Same here. Been using Badland by cakewalk..seems more stable, all VST3 work, including Reason.

Tom

PATIENT-X wrote on 5/11/2022, 11:21 AM

@Jesse-Hays

Hello, welcome

Please leave your feedback here.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition