VST versus VST3 in Acid Pro 11

FiatLux wrote on 9/5/2022, 1:03 PM

I have a couple of questions regarding use of plug-ins in Acid Pro 11 .

Most important can anybody tell me how to get VST3 plug-ins to work ? VST version of soft synth works just fine but no sound is played when using same soft synth as VST3 ? I tried more plug-ins just to be sure that problem is VST versus VST3 ...

Minor question how do I remove a soft synth from list after loading it onto a track if I do not want to use it ?

Comments

Former user wrote on 9/5/2022, 3:41 PM

VST plugins are a known issue with AP8 through 11. The easiest thing to do is NOT mix VST, VST2 or VST3 plugins. Pick one type and stay with it. (best if it's not VST3) There is an update coming that should address this and other known issues...when it's coming is............................???

FiatLux wrote on 9/6/2022, 2:41 AM

Thank you very much for the info !

I take what you describe is the reason for the issue I am experiencing and have marked your post as the solution to the main question ! , Thank you ! 😀

SporkimusPrime wrote on 9/15/2022, 7:54 AM

Got this from support:

The main source of the issues with ACID is with the VST engine. Currently, the Sound Forge team is working on revamping their VST engine, which subsequently will be used for all the DAWs in Magix (ACID, Music Maker, Samplitude,etc.). This engine will be incorporated with on version 11, however it is still being worked on, so currently, the problems with VST3 are still present on the new version.

FiatLux wrote on 9/28/2022, 9:25 AM

Got this from support:

The main source of the issues with ACID is with the VST engine. Currently, the Sound Forge team is working on revamping their VST engine, which subsequently will be used for all the DAWs in Magix (ACID, Music Maker, Samplitude,etc.). This engine will be incorporated with on version 11, however it is still being worked on, so currently, the problems with VST3 are still present on the new version.

Thank you for sharing the update !😃

Former user wrote on 10/11/2022, 2:32 PM

Got this from support:

Honestly, MAGIX has been "Revamping the VST3 Engine" in these ex-Sony Creative applications since they acquired them. Every year they state this, but the VST3 has been a problem since ACID Pro 8/9 received it.

I believe it was initially ported over from Samplitude Pro X4, but I never had issues with VST3 support int hat DAW, and even would disable all VST3 version of plug-ins that had both versions installed. That's how solid X4 was with them.

Acid and Sound Forge were the complete opposite. I'd disable all VST3 except where there wasn't a VST2 option version available, because the main source of instability in these applications was in the VST3 support.

Whenever MAGIX talks about "revamping" their VST Engine, "Been There, Seen That" is the first thing that comes to mind. Literally. Like they have literally said this about past releases of their software.

How many revamps are needed before users can trust the software?