vst plugins are not working in acid pro suite 11

john-cochran wrote on 7/5/2022, 1:15 PM

i just downloaded the latest version of acid pro suite 11.0.1 (build 17) 64 bit. my machine is an intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz i have dozens of songs i have recorded on acid pro (previous versions) and the vst plugins worked fine in the past versions. i need assistance getting them to work as vst plugins are an essential part of my daw. please advise as to how to fix this. i am worried as now that i search for a solution online to this it appears there are many people since 2020 that have been looking for a solution to this and still have a useless daw with acid installed and some have just gave up and moved to a new platform. i dont want to do that as i have used acid since the sonic foundry days and i really have enjoyed using it. i just spent 300 dollars to upgrade and i have nothing to work with now as the program will not load up any of my songs that i plan to mix that already have vsts on the channels. if i delete all the vsts the program will work fine. i need the vsts to work and i am very frustrated. ive been trying for 2 days to find a solution. I read on your site that i cannot get a refund so i need this to work. please advise on what i should do specifically to make this work. you shouldnt have a product that cannot work with vsts when vst plugins are part of your bundle that comes with the software. this shouldnt be this difficult.

thanks for your timely and informative solution in advance

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/5/2022, 2:19 PM

@john-cochran Have you contacted sales support at infoservice@magix.net for a refund? I'm not sure how compatible old projects from the 32 bit version of ACID are with the newer 64 bit versions. What was your previous version? Usually it is a good advise that you should finish projects in the version you started them and create new projects in ACID 11.