VST Buffer Error

Christopher-Robertson wrote on 4/7/2023, 12:53 AM

Hello. I purchased a VST. I installed the VST correctly.

When I attempt to open the VST instrument, I get an error that says:

"The audio size should be a multiple of 8. Please adjust your audio settings"

I've tinkered with what I thought was the fix. I was not successful.

Does anyone with buffer settings knowledge have some direction for me?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 4/7/2023, 4:04 AM

@Christopher-Robertson

Which VST? I have never before encountered a VST that required specific buffer settings!

Audio settings in MM are accessed via File>Settings>Program settings (shortcut P)>Audio/MIDI tab (lower left hand side).

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Christopher-Robertson wrote on 4/7/2023, 7:56 AM

I didn't name the VST because this error arises from multiple VST instruments from a specific manufacturer. Also, this error is isolated to only Magix programs. I have MMM, Acid Pro and Samplitude Music Studio. All three programs receive the error. Waveform, Live and Cakewalk: no buffer error.

I gather I should have specified that I know where the settings are located in MMM.

Specifically: I have attempted to add different numbers in buffer settings. Numbers that I assumed would be correct as they are a multiple of 8. In order to work the issue I'm seeking 2 specific things:

1. What numbers with a multiple of 8 would someone use that should work? (3-5 options)

2. In the settings menu, where (specifics "tab and line option) would you input the number?

If I determine based on the recommendation(s), provided here that I've done the correct thing, I can move forward with my troubleshooting options.

SP. wrote on 4/7/2023, 12:07 PM

@Christopher-Robertson If you have selected an ASIO driver you can set the buffer size by clicking on the Advanced button. The buffer size should be something like 2048, 1024, 512, 256, 128, 64 etc.

Paul-Beaudoin wrote on 6/28/2024, 12:26 PM

I am having this exact same problem but in Acid Pro Suite 11 - it is new and associated only with a vst plug in called "Aura" - I cannot solve this issue and have realized it is NOT a problem of the plug in - but rather this DAW.
Can someone please offer a solution -

SP. wrote on 6/28/2024, 2:24 PM

@Paul-Beaudoin Try opening the program preferences, select an ASIO driver as your audio device driver, then open the ASIO driver control panel and set the buffer size to something reasonable like 512 samples.

Paul-Beaudoin wrote on 6/28/2024, 5:05 PM

@Paul-Beaudoin Try opening the program preferences, select an ASIO driver as your audio device driver, then open the ASIO driver control panel and set the buffer size to something reasonable like 512 samples.

Yes, I see the Low Latency ASIO driver - but that doesn't help at all. Really stuck as to why this is happening (I happened to notice the error on another VST Synth I use) - It is really unfortunate there isn't much support for vst3 plug ins (the issue I have is for both the vst2 and 3 versions of my synth plug in)

SP. wrote on 6/28/2024, 5:25 PM

@Paul-Beaudoin Please show us some screenshots of your audio settings and the ASIO driver control panel. Otherwise it's just a guessing game.

You can upload images to this forum via the arrow icon above the text box.

SP. wrote on 7/4/2024, 5:09 PM

@Paul-Beaudoin Press the Windows Key and R on your keyboard. This opens the Run window. Type mmsys.cpl and press Enter. This will open the Windows sound settings.

Navigate to the playback tab. Right click on your playback device and open the properties.

Please check the sample rate there. It should be identical to your project sample rate.

Set the sample rate to something like 44.100 Hz or 48.000 Hz. Do the same in your project. Maybe you can then switch to the generic ASIO driver.

Paul-Beaudoin wrote on 7/4/2024, 5:58 PM

Thank you SP. i’ll give it a try in the morning.