Volume & Modern EQ

Jeri wrote on 6/26/2023, 2:46 PM

I am running ACL 4 for the first time and I noticed a change. I was unable to find any info in the manual concerning it.

When I drag the volume line (up and down) to adjust volume it no longer tells by how much. The cursor also has something attached to it. Not sure what that is either. Also, I did not know that Modern EQ is does not come with this version of ACL. Can I add it?

Thanks,
Jeri

Comments

browj2 wrote on 6/27/2023, 8:52 AM

@Jeri

Hi,

SFACL4 - 26.0.0.23

I get the volume amount when I raise and lower the volume line.

The mouse icon changes depending on which options are current. When you mouse over the volume line button to raise and lower the volume, as per the above image, the cursor icon changes to show that it will now use that button. That is all. Watch the mouse cursor as you move around the windows - it changes to reflect what is under it.

In the image above, you can see that I have Modern Equalizer loaded. You can find it as shown below.

Note that it is a VST3 and the path should be in the scanned VST's:

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Jeri wrote on 6/27/2023, 1:53 PM

Thanks so much for your response. I had to upgrade recently so I'm trying to work out all the kinks.

I found the Modern Eq. Now I just need to figure out how to make use of it!

As far as the volume, when I go to raise of lower the volume the box in the picture you sent (Edit the object volume. Currently -1.2dB) does not appear when I move it. To the right of the arrow is the ICON I mentioned. Not sure what it's for?

Thanks for the help.

Jeri

vincent-mulder wrote on 6/27/2023, 2:10 PM

Is it possible to talk to an actual human being from MAGIX support, or is that only a dream from the past ?

browj2 wrote on 6/27/2023, 2:52 PM

@Jeri

Hi Jeri,

The icon represents a slider on a vertical meter, much like on a mixer.

Did you click with the left mouse button? If not, the value is not indicated.

@vincent-mulder

Hi,

How much would you be willing to pay for telephone support?

Me? Nothing. I'll just raise a ticket and supply all pertinent information after having checked the FAQ's, and after having checked the forum for others with the same or similar problem, and after having asked on the forum.

So, why don't you just post your question if you have one?

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Jeri wrote on 6/27/2023, 3:49 PM

Unfortunately that doesn't do anythig either.

SP. wrote on 6/27/2023, 4:27 PM

@vincent-mulder

Is it possible to talk to an actual human being from MAGIX support, or is that only a dream from the past ?

Click on the SUPPORT link at top of this page and then select your product. On the next page scroll down and click on Contact Support. Create your ticket and after some days technical support will contact you.