Vita LE instrument not loading

mfny wrote on 1/8/2023, 7:09 PM

Hello,

When trying to add the Vita LE instrument to a project I get the following error:

I have purchased music Maker Premium 2023

Edit to add I have attempted to reinstall MM from scratch with no luck in fixing this.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 1/9/2023, 3:57 PM

@mfny

Hi

Did you successfully activate the program edition with the serial number you received on purchase and does the Start screeen (top right) show you are logged in ?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Kuroe.Zucredl wrote on 1/18/2023, 10:04 PM

@mfny

Hi

Did you successfully activate the program edition with the serial number you received on purchase and does the Start screeen (top right) show you are logged in ?

John EB
Forum Moderator

It does show its logged in for me and I currently have the 2023 premium version along with the EDM version. Vita LE does not load and the pop-up shows the same every time. Uninstall does nothing either along with removing all associated files does nothing either.

SP. wrote on 1/19/2023, 1:54 AM

@Kuroe.Zucredl Try re-scanning all VST paths in the program settings of Music Maker.

darthill wrote on 1/20/2023, 12:13 AM

Same. I get the same message and its not working for me either. I am logged into the store.

darthill wrote on 1/20/2023, 2:17 AM

If I sign out, Vita LE works. If I sign in it does not work. I'm using music maker plus 2023. Is this supposed to happen?

LES-DA wrote on 1/22/2023, 12:45 PM

If I sign out, Vita LE works. If I sign in it does not work. I'm using music maker plus 2023. Is this supposed to happen?

I have been having the same problem, been going back and forth with Support for months. I just gave up and and started using 3rd party VSTs. Now they are starting to not load. I have uninstalled and reinstalled at least 10 time. The problems started when I updated to Magix 2023. I think there must be a problem with the program. Because all of my VSTs worked fine in older versions of the program.

SP. wrote on 1/22/2023, 5:38 PM

@darthill @LES-DA @Kuroe.Zucredl For problems with the user account it often helps to open the program settings and to click on the button to clean up the store. This will delete the old cache of the store. Maybe a corrupted cache is causing the problems.

LES-DA wrote on 1/23/2023, 12:16 AM

@darthill @LES-DA @Kuroe.Zucredl For problems with the user account it often helps to open the program settings and to click on the button to clean up the store. This will delete the old cache of the store. Maybe a corrupted cache is causing the problems.

I tried that a couple of times also. They had me try several different trouble shooting techniques.

Kuroe.Zucredl wrote on 1/25/2023, 10:04 PM

Did not help at all. My account it good, I reset the cache uninstall all components, and reinstall checking pathways and all of that and it won't let me access it.

SP. wrote on 1/26/2023, 4:46 AM

@Kuroe.Zucredl Did you rescan the VST-Paths in your VST settings in the Music Maker program settings? Can you show us a screenshot of the VST paths? Maybe some paths are missing.

The following paths should be listed there

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Magix Services\MxSynth\

C:\ProgramData\Magix\Music Maker\31\Magix Plugins\

C:\ProgramData\Magix\Music Maker\31\MxSynth\

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\

ralftaro wrote on 1/31/2023, 12:31 PM

This problem was accidentally introduced into the software via a program update in the recent months, when another problem with the in-app store DRM was addressed. It is now fixed again in the most up-to-date patch:

https://www.magix.info/de/forum/music-maker-update-31-0-4-35--1314603/

All the best!

MusicGuy wrote on 2/5/2023, 6:28 AM

This upgrade is not working on this computer.

Upgraded from 2014 Premium in November and I've been too busy to PowerShell debug MM (and still too busy) and still none of the Vita VSTs are working ((from 2014 Premium) with this update or since November.

But at least, third party VSTs worked - but not anymore, the above upgrade did away with that.

I know, make and model information (been with computers since before VIC-20) but really, recent months?

Is there any fun in this forum (maybe when 2024 comes out)?