vista compatibility with movie edit pro 12

Revans76 wrote on 7/22/2008, 12:48 PM
I have movie edit pro 12, and paid 50 big ones for it.  Magix was so eager to print vista compatible in big letters on the front of the box, i figured it would work fine, i installed it on my xp machine....fine except trying to find (a hard to find) driver for the dvd burner it came with on their website. A few weeks later.... when the return on my receipt is now invalid , i finally get around to installing it on my vista machine...well. i installed all the current patches and updates for it, but every time i load it on my computer, it crashes it, and this computer is only a month old ........brand spanking new with no problems until this program. I have a Hp pavilion with windows vista home premium 64 bit with 4gigs of ram , and a 2Ghz processor...awesome laptop, anyone have advice, im guessing its because i have a 64 bit version of windows, but up until now ive had no problems installing all my old 32 bit programs.

Comments

Man o' Lakes wrote on 8/4/2008, 1:48 AM
MEP 12 is Vista compatible. If you have any problems installing it, then use what Microsoft has deliberately included to help installation, ie Windows Safe Mode. This is what they sent me

When installing in Vista, start  Windows in "safe mode"
* abort automatic installer when program disc is inserted * 
manually restart of  installer via mouse right-click and "Run as Administrator"

Not sure how you managed to install all the patches and upgrades, as I only found one. Once installed, remember to keep your prog disc in the drive so it can verify. Once that's done, it's done. Should now work, and you can get the patch to get it up to date.