Video saver 8.0 update?

Anne-Marie-Laamanen wrote on 1/6/2024, 2:40 AM

I have Windows 11 and have been using Video Saver version 8.0. Can I just update it or should I buy and install the new 2023 version? And is the processor i3-8145U (2.1 GHz, two cores) enough to use the new version? The old version did work with that processor.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/6/2024, 3:45 AM

@Anne-Marie-Laamanen

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Have you tried installing your version of Video Saver to your computer? Does it install successfully and can it be used? I ask these questions because I suspect very few users who post here can directly answer your questions since we honestly don't know the answers!

Video Saver 8.0 is now old software and I'm pretty certain there are no updates available for it.

So, you ought to consider upgrading. The latest release of the software is now called Rescue Your Videotapes. Unfortunately it seems there is no Trial version of the software available, presumably because the purchase includes the required interface dongle. If there had been a trial version my recommendation would have been to "try it out". However, I see it is currently on special offer and Magix does offer a 14-day cancellation period for such sales, as outlined here (section 3).

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Anne-Marie-Laamanen wrote on 1/6/2024, 5:06 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. it appears that the 8.0 version still works, even though I'm using Windows 11. However, the sound of the video is not transferred to the computer, although the image is transferred. I'm considering buying a newer Video Saver. Do I have to delete the old version before downloading the new one?

emmrecs wrote on 1/6/2024, 5:51 AM

@Anne-Marie-Laamanen

Do I have to delete the old version before downloading the new one?

That is entirely up to you. It is quite possible for different versions of the software to coexist happily. Especially since, in your situation, the two programs have different names, I think.

But recent versions of Magix software have almost always uninstalled the immediately-previous version as part of the process of installing the new version. e.g., installing of Movie Studio Premium 2024 will remove Movie Studio Premium 2023, but if the 2023 version was "Suite" it will not be removed! So, I have both MS 2023 Suite and MS 2024 Premium still installed and usable!

HTH

Jeff

EDIT: one thing to consider is that the new version (Rescue Your Videotapes) will include a new USB dongle and, most importantly, drivers. Theoretically, I suspect that its installation will remove or at least overwrite the drivers for your old dongle. However, in case it does not it might be advisable to remove all traces of the older version before you start to install the newer.

Last changed by emmrecs on 1/6/2024, 5:55 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 1/6/2024, 6:26 AM

@Anne-Marie-Laamanen

Hi

. . . . Windows 11. However, the sound of the video is not transferred to the computer, although the image is transferred . . . .

This is a common issue when trying to record on Windows 11.

In the Windows settings, Privacy & Security, App permissions section (scroll down) Microphone and Camera options, set the options Let desktop apps access your microphone/camera (scroll down) is set to on.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Anne-Marie-Laamanen wrote on 1/7/2024, 3:42 AM

I recently tried using Video Saver to create a new recording and found that the sounds were recorded - even though they couldn't be heard with just the playback function. Confusing. So now the only problem is that there is no sound just during playback. I did check Windows settings to make sure that the computer allows to use microphone and camera in apps. All in all, it seems that Video Saver 8.0 is still usable and works on Windows 11 as well.