Video easy ERROR : The recording device does not support the current record format

gfdsgj wrote on 1/11/2013, 12:32 PM

Using video easy rescue your videotapes 6 on Windows vista ultimate.

When pushing the button ' Transfer video to Computer' the folowing message is displayed :

The recording device does not support the current record format. Please switch to advanced mode and select user defined as a record setting. The dialog for setting the record format will now open. Please change the current settings here.

Why does the message appear and what should I change in the settings?

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 1/12/2013, 3:41 AM

Hi

Try changing the recording quality setting on the Record dialog - it is probably set too high for the capture device you have.

If this does not work, please give more details on which video capture device you are using and how you are connecting the video recorder or other device to the computer.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 1/12/2013, 3:41 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

gfdsgj wrote on 1/12/2013, 4:11 AM

I thought Video easy was called 'easy' because it would be easy. What is a video capturing device ? How would i know which one i have?

I connected the VCR through the supplied scart adapter and the 'MAGIX USB Videowandler 2'.

johnebaker wrote on 1/12/2013, 5:07 AM

Hi

Unfortunately nothing is easy where computers are concerned  

The 'MAGIX USB Videowandler 2'. is the USB video capture device.

If you get the same error when you change the Recording Quality setting then :-

If you are using Windows 8, I would suggest you contact Magix support as there may be a different problem.

I am assuming your computer technical skills are very limited - apologies in advance if otherwise.

For Winows 7 and Vista you may need to update what are called the device drivers for the USB device, they are available here:

https://support2.magix.com/customer/en/download/tools  -  select the correct one for you USB device.

If you have the black converter then you need to know which version of Windows you have  - to find this right click Computer or My Computer on the Windows desktop and from the menu that appears select Properties.

On the first pane you will see some information like this (this is for Windows 7) 

You may need to login to Magix using the account and password you set up when you registered the software, go through the different windows entering the information requested and the click the Download button.

I am having to assume you are using Windows 7, other versions will be similar but the wording may be slightly different.

You will then need to find the downloaded file which is a zip file.  Double click on this file and it should open and show you the files contained within it - you need to extract all the files into a folder  by clicking the Extract button make a note of where the files are being extracted to.

Once the files have been extracted open the folder and double click the Setup file, this will start the installation of the drivers, follow any prompts accepting any file locations etc that may be asked.

Then try capturing from your VCR again.

Obviously making any changes like this is at your own risk.

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 1/12/2013, 5:07 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

gfdsgj wrote on 1/12/2013, 6:17 AM

John,

thanks, one step in the right direction. I installed the driver for the (red/white) for the usb device. I now have video AND audio, and the message is gone. I seem to be able to record the video, but when I try to play the video (after stop recording, followed by button edit video) all is black and I have no sound. I seem to be able to play only 7 seconds, but I recorded at least a inute. I am prabably doing something wrong...