VHS tape editing problem

risto-virtanen wrote on 1/29/2021, 1:48 AM

Hey! Sorry for my poor English (google Translator). The program I use is Rescue your videotapes! I have a problem recording a vhs tape. When I edited the tape to my computer (transfer video to computer), and start the video editing (start the video editing), the first part of the video has become parts of a video I edited earlier. When I transfer (finish movie) video to a DVD, for example, these incorrect parts of the video also appear in the finished recording. The MPG file (in Video easy Rescue your videotapes! Folder) is ok !, so the error occurs in the MVY file. I uninstalled causing the error video file from my computer. I reinstalled the program several times. After installation, I will be able to edit a few videos until the problem comes again. I also reset the program (reset to default program settings). It has helped for a while. The computer's operating system is Win7.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/29/2021, 3:46 AM

@risto-virtanen

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

The problem you describe is almost certainly because when you transfer the VHS footage to your computer, the file you are creating has the same name as a file you edited earlier. (I'm honestly not sure why this should be able to happen since it would be normal for Windows to "overwrite" the older file) but the best method to avoid the problem is to create a New Folder (directory) for each project so that each different VHS tape transfer is saved in its own unique folder. That way, the problem of shared file names disappears.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

risto-virtanen wrote on 1/29/2021, 3:57 AM

Thanks for the quick response! I give each video its own filename when I start editing. I removed This "haunted" file from the computer about 6-9 months ago, but still it will ruin the new edits!

emmrecs wrote on 1/29/2021, 5:25 AM

@risto-virtanen

Giving each file its own name when you start editing is really too late! If you do as I suggested and create a new folder for each project before you start the transfer of the VHS footage to your computer, even if you have files of the same name on your computer, provided they are saved in different folders there will not be a conflict.

As to why this "haunted" file is still appearing; it would seem there must be another copy of it somewhere on your computer. Can you do a search of your whole computer for the specific file name? I use this utility for really thorough searching of all the drives on my computer.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

risto-virtanen wrote on 1/29/2021, 6:57 AM

So I need to change the program settings to a new folder for the project? I don't remember the name of that annoying file, but I installed that program you sent and deleted the old magix files through it. hopefully i managed to delete the correct file.

digiguy wrote on 2/14/2021, 7:45 AM

I had the same problem and ended up going to External link removed by Moderator, I tried giving each file its own name as to not duplicate files but that didn't seem to fix it. Do you know of any other way to resolve this same issue?