VCR video converter working but only in Black and White

fanny-vanthemsche wrote on 4/18/2018, 3:29 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble digitizing old homemovies made while I living in Brazil in the late '90's early 2000. I'm using Magix Easy Converter 2018 and Windows 10. I have an LG V280 VCR bought in Belgium in 2007. I'll give you it's speification for better understanding

The User's guide Specifications says it has:

Inputs (VCR)

Audio:

-6.0 dBm, more than 10 kohms (SCART)

-6.0 dBm, more than 47 kohms (RCA)

Video:

1.0 Vp-p, 75 ohms, unbalanced (SCART/RCA)

Outputs

Audio: -6.0 dBm, less than 1 kohms (SCART)

Video: 1.0 Vp-p, 75 ohms, unbalanced (SCART)

RGB output: 0.7 Vp-p, 75 ohms

The problem I'm having is that when I try to transfert the videos to my computer, it looses all its color, while it's fully colorized on my TV. So looking on forums I realized that I should try changing formats, which I did. I realized that I get the clearest image when I'm using the NTSC format: the quality is nearly perfect, but it's all B&W! Seeing that the standard for Brazil is PAL-M, I tried that one but it doesn't work, the film continues playing but it's all green and red stripes.

So I tried all of them and I noticed something strange. The image turns full color when I changes the format to PAL (the one working best with mine being PAL-H) but the image turns still.

I'm getting desperate I've been at it for hours and can't seem to be getting anywhere! :)

Can anyone help me?

Thank you so much!

Fanny

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...