Using Video Easy HD 4. Adding title to AVCHD videocreates jumpy/flickering blu-ray.

kalerin wrote on 1/21/2013, 11:46 PM

I use MAGIX Video Easy HD 4 to create an empty project.  I add an MTS AVCHD video file from my camcorder. I then burn a AVCHD blu-ray using the Smart Rendering feature. The resultant blu-ray plays fine in both of my blu-ray players. I return to the project and cut unwanted footage from the video. I also add another MTS file from my camcorder to the same project. Again I burn a AVCHD blu-ray using the Smart Rendering feature, and again the resultant blu-ray plays fine in both of my blu-ray players. I return to the project and add a 10 second long title to the start of my project using the option 'Add a new title with a black background here'. Again I burn a AVCHD blu-ray using the Smart Rendering feature. This time the blu-ray video flickers or jumps 2 or 3 times a second in both of my blu-ray players. It appears that adding the title throws the video out of sync. How do I add a title to my HD video without ruining the video?

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 1/27/2013, 4:35 AM

Hi

Do you have a NVidia graphics card or chipset installed on your PC?

Adding the title will result in that section of the movie being re-rendered, ie Smart Rendering will not be used.

Try one or both of these two options:

1.  Burn a Blu-ray disc - this use the mpg codecs instead of the mp4 - see page 30 in the installed manual.

2. Turn off Hardware Acceleration in the programs settings and then create the AVCHD BD again.

Personally I think option 1 is better way to go in this particular case.

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 1/27/2013, 4:36 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

kalerin wrote on 1/27/2013, 7:38 PM

Hi John

Thanks for the suggestions. I do have NVidia chipset and video card. But as I am adding a title in front of the mts file, it is definitely not re-rendering the video. If I add title over video, or if I add transitions, then it does re-render and it takes hours to process. So I am careful to only do things that dont require re-rendering. I have tried burning a blu-ray in mpeg-2 instead of AVCHD (mpeg-4) disc, but as original mts files are in AVCHD this also uses re-rendering and takes hours and hours. Any other suggestions?

Regards Cameron

johnebaker wrote on 1/28/2013, 2:56 AM

Hi Cameron

. . . . I have tried burning a blu-ray in mpeg-2 instead of AVCHD (mpeg-4) disc . . . .  -  was the title jumpy on playback?

Please try both options - I appreciate that the re-rendering can take a long time, however until both tests have been done it is difficult to say if the problem is with the mpeg4 / NVidia CUDA combination which is known to have some issues.

During rendering do you see the word CUDA appearing at the bottom left of the screen?

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 1/28/2013, 2:57 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

kalerin wrote on 1/28/2013, 9:49 PM

Hi John

OK...Hardware Acceleration first. When I had a look in the program settings, it turns out Hardware Acceleration was never on in the first place. But I have turned it on during testing to get results using both. When it was on, I never saw the word CUDA written anywhere, so I suspect this means it wasnt using it.

Now for results........

AVCHD disc. I did these tests with Smart Render on to save time.  I tried it with and without Hardware Acceleration on - same results both times. Video jumps a couple of times each second. By the way, the title itself doesnt look jumpy, just the video that follows.

Now for blu-ray disc in mpeg-2. This is the one that re-renders the mts file. I also tried this with and without Hardware Acceleration on. Same result both times - title looks fine, but video that follows is notably degraded. It doesnt jump like with AVCHD, but it sort of flickers continually as it plays in the blu-ray player. By the way, before I logged the problem online I tried AVCHD with the Smart Rendering off and the resultant video looked similarly degraded to this.

Regards Cameron