Comments

johnebaker wrote on 6/22/2015, 2:38 PM

Hi

. . . . I receive this error message while trying to burn a DVD.  Burning aborted - Internal error while processing. Drive not ready. . . . .

is this before or after rendering the video?

Are you using reputable branded discs?

This error usually means that the DVD drive is still trying to access or cannot access the disc to determine what type it is and other settings necessary to burn to the disc - if this is so then you will see the activity light on the DVD drive (if it has one) is constantly on.

The most likely cause is an unreadable, defective or damaged disc or in rare cases an incompatible disc.

Try burning without a disc in the DVD drive - Photostory should then pop up a message box saying there is no disc in the drive.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 6/22/2015, 2:38 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Trying wrote on 6/23/2015, 8:54 AM

Try using a DVD-R instead of a DVD+R disk, depending on whether or not your recorder can burn them, there is usually the odd problem with the + discs as their layers are differetly constructed and the slightest thing can cause them to malfunction. Is there a test and burn function available in your program, this would flag your disk as faulty if it were a disk fault.

Regards, johnp

Trying wrote on 6/23/2015, 6:45 PM

I looked at the program spec, and I see templates for DVD and Blue Ray Disks, are you by any chance trying to wite to a blue ray disk in a burner that does not support blue ray, or have you used a blue ray template and are now trying to write to a standard DVD, I do not know this program so am just pointing out some observasions, are your disks of good quality, did someone sell you CD's when you asked for dvd's.

Regards, johnp

johnebaker wrote on 6/24/2015, 12:41 PM

Hi

From your PM

. . . . I don't know what you mean by before or after rendering the video. . . . .

Does the error appear almost immediately after you click the Burn button or does it take a while before it appears?  When it is rendering, ie creating the DVD files needed, you will see in the dialog box a coloured bar moving across and just above text saying, for example, cut 4 of 5 or something similar.

. . . . I always first use DVD-RW to make sure I like the finished product.  That DVD is now rejected.  Then I tried a DVD+R and a DVD-R, all have worked perfectly before.  When trying to use the DVD-R I get a message that says the drive does not recognized DVD+R? . . . .

That would indicate either the DVD drive is faulty or something is wrong with the drivers in either case it may be best to get the computer checked out by a reputable technician.

@ JohnP

. . . . or have you used a blue ray template and are now trying to write to a standard DVD . . . .

It is possible to write Blu-Ray to a DVD disc - the only limitation is the movie can be only 20 - 30 mins long in total.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 6/24/2015, 12:41 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Trying wrote on 6/24/2015, 1:02 PM

@ johnebaker,

I understand about blu ray being written to a standard disk, but I do not know how using a blue ray template fits in with it all, I was worried that the Magix Program was doing the burning and had its own set of instrunctions and as such could not finish because of the space available, though it should have said so, but that would also have to be programed else the internal error could be the only option. I have never had an aborted burn, yet I am always untrusting of this process, the last time I had a disk burned it had a small glitch, but it was burned with the check and burn feature ticked, yet it said successfull, it takes so little.

Edit: I would go with what johnEB said about a possible DVD drive fault, and try to burn a short file of the same format to a disk and see how that goes.

Regards, johnp