Use across several computers

Elias-Thienpont wrote on 1/6/2021, 9:03 AM

We are using v13.1.1.12
Clearly (I think) this product uses a database to attach photos to its category information.

What if I move a photo to a different folder? How will that information remain with the photo.

I have three users who need access to our photo library, clearly they will need to access the same database, will they not?

Clearly the database will need to be on a network share. What software do we need to buy to make this happen. We are a non-profit -- church/monastery. Is there discount pricing.

What sosrt of configurations would we be looking at.

Sincerely, Br. Elias

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/6/2021, 10:59 AM

@Elias-Thienpont

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Interesting question! I think it might be possible to do what you want but each user's computer would have to have Photo Manager Deluxe installed on it, so three licences would need to be purchased - I see from my own Magix account page that the app is to be installed on only one device.

Then, all your photos would need to be saved to a drive that ALL three computers can access and have permission to edit files.

Then, I think you will need to make the following settings in each installation of Photo Manager. Under File>Options>General I suspect you would need to ensure there is a tick in "Use multi-user support". You would also need to ensure that each user's copy of the software has the File>Options>Database "Automatically update MAGIX database" ticked.

I have never needed to use such a facility and have no idea whether what I have written above will work for you.  Therefore, proceed with caution!

Just one other point to consider: under this scenario, each computer will have the database installed on it. I don't think there is any way in which it could be stored "centrally".

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 1/6/2021, 11:01 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam