uploading site

Stephanie-T wrote on 12/8/2020, 10:24 AM

I'm hoping someone can be of assistance....please help!
I've recently upgraded to the Xara Web Designer Pro and have also updated my website.
In the past, I would load my sire onto a flash drive, then take it to someone who would then use a File Transfer Program to upload my site. Not only his has become a tedious process, but this individual will be moving soon, so won't exactly be an option. I've watched several YouTube videos on how to upload it straight from the program. Genius! I asked for the information from my website host and entered it in - FTP, host address, username and passwords - it was all accepted.
Made the changes to my site, saved it as usual, exported and uploaded.
Everything seemed to go smoothly when I exported my site, upload it online, however when I go online to view it, none of the changes appear...

What am I missing, and why haven't the changes been saved??

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/8/2020, 10:31 AM

@Stephanie-T

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

This problem sounds very much like a caching issue. When you open your web site in your browser and it is still showing the "old" version, press F5, or even Ctrl+F5.

Do you now see the correct version?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Stephanie-T wrote on 12/8/2020, 10:43 AM

If you mean to refresh my browser, I've done that.
In Xara, when I 'preview website' prior to uploading - the same issue occurs. No changes. Yet when I choose 'preview web page', then it works... very strange. Seems like there is a saving/exporting issue