Upgrading from Slideshow Maker 2 to Video Easy or PhotoStory Deluxe

taman88 wrote on 6/28/2017, 3:33 AM

Have been using Slideshow Maker 2 for some time but found features limiting, for e.g. it can only save to a maximum resolution of 720x480. I wish to save movie to 1980x1080, similar to resolution available in Windows Movie Maker. It also doesn't allow me to resume from a half-finished project even if it does allow me to save it.

Thinking of buying either Video Easy or Photostory Deluxe to overcome these deficiencies. Any help to answer following questions appreciated.

a) Will either of these 2 programs allow saving to higher resolutions?
b) Do either program come packaged with a set of pre-installed Style templates (as found in Slideshow Maker 2) which I find very useful and convenient to use.

Thank you

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 6/28/2017, 3:50 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

Since your need seems to be to create higher resolution versions of Slideshows, I think Photostory Deluxe would more than adequately fulfil that requirement. Currently, it's on special offer (the UK page is http://www.magix.com/gb/photostory-on-cd-dvd/ ) and certainly claims to offer "Ultra HD" output.

Video Easy is much more orientated towards those users wanting to digitise old video tape formats.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

taman88 wrote on 6/28/2017, 7:36 AM

Thank you Jeff for your advice.