Upgrading from Designer

LivingEdge wrote on 4/24/2019, 2:15 PM

I own Xara Designer and understand that Magix is now handling the Xara line of web products.

I own a slew of products from Xara and want to know what is the current Premium (most features) Web Designer product... I own both Designer Premium and Designer Pro-X products. I'm not seeing any upgrade path from Designer Premium available.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 4/25/2019, 3:29 AM

@LivingEdge

Hi

What is the full name and version number of the Web Designer you have.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

LivingEdge wrote on 4/25/2019, 1:28 PM

Webstyle 4
Xara3D 6
Xara Xtreme Pro 3.2
Graphic Studio Pro 3.2
Xara Web Designer 7 Premium
Xara Web Designer MX Premium
Xara Designer Pro X11

Before 7 Premium, the Pro products were the lesser inclusive of the products and Premium had everything.

Now it seems that Premium is less inclusive than Pro X 16.

And X 365? was just a blip on the radar.

I saw a Parallax video: says, "Parallax only included in 365", so I downloaded Pro X 16, and it too has Parallax.

But I have been VERY unhappy with X11, as the widgets don't work, and furthermore videos don't play.

While it may seem to me that I was caught between the HTML to HTML5 transition when flash was on its way out due to security issues, my websites should've worked, but there were no fixes released.

Now I am asked yet to spend more money on Parallax and its implementation is very jumpy.

I'm also not sure what new mobile variant website samples are available with Pro X 16, as I see no samples available in the Demo (not even so much as a hint?).

Not even one of my old themes from previous purchases are showing.

I feel like I am putting money into a dead horse and things aren't working the way they are supposed to (as advertised) on my Galaxy S9+ mobile phone.

So I am asking what's your (Xara's/Magix's) EVERYTHING package and what is included?

Version 11 didn't work, so why should the latest/greatest be any different?

I did download the trial version and will test it, but the $129 upgrade option expires today.

Quite frankly that's not going to give me enough time to test.

LivingEdge wrote on 4/25/2019, 3:10 PM

Save $552? ...on Aseops 11 and Panorama Studio 3.2? I already own Aseops 9.0.8.0 and Panorama Studio 2.6.7 and have never used them since May 1, 2016 when they were installed.

And I probably should rephrase "not even a hint"... Utilities => Galleries => Designs Gallery -> More Online (New from Content Catalog [Online Content Catalog])...

... I get a Script Error: Line 2 Char 2055 Object expected... Url: .../dot.min.js

I am in no way led to believe that the problems I have experienced in v.11 have been fixed.

The image processing side of Xara... wonderful! ...website functionality is terribly lacking.

I am in no way stating that Xara, developing software that works on every browser, is an easy task, but other companies have been successful.

I'm more apt to keep what I have and be complacent with just the ability to edit graphics within Xara (and perhaps go elsewhere for web development) than to spend yet more money to upgrade to yet another version that doesn't work.

LivingEdge wrote on 4/25/2019, 3:28 PM

One FINAL quam... If I purchase ANY product that INCLUDES updates, I should be able to download and SAVE those updates as backups and such updates (including ALL downloaded Xara content) should be available for a reasonable period of time and be 100% fully exported/imported!

As a NORM, I export and save ALL of my Design Galleries, Page Elements, and Widgets.

IF, for any reason I have to reinstall Xara, I should be able to bring it up to date (whatever version [at time of purchase] plus 1 years worth of updates).