Updates

Michael-Alley wrote on 4/11/2021, 9:10 AM

Hello,

I have now had Photo manager for a few years (/since 2018). I purchased the update service thinking the product would be maintained and upgraded in a "timely" fashion. To my dismay I have not seen any real upgrades to the product i . Am I the only one that feels this way and wonders if Photo mangaer is going to be upgraded and wondering what i paid for when I paid for the upgrade service in 2018. If its not going to be maintained then why pay for it. Right now I am seriously considering just dropping this product and finding another that is maintained.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 4/11/2021, 9:30 AM

@Michael-Alley

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

The latest version of PM is 13.1.1.12. There have been no updates recently.

However, I don't remember there being any purchased "Update Service" for the app. Magix' policy is that the initial purchase price includes access to any updates to the product offered within 12 months from the date of purchase. I do not think that guarantees that any updates will be available, just that if they are, the user can download and install them at no additional cost.

Your post seems to imply that you believe that Update Service was not time-limited and that what you originally paid should allow you to update the product at any time in the future. Unfortunately, that is not so, sorry!

However, there is an implication in your post that there is some facility, feature or "improvement" which you feel PM ought to now be offering. What feature(s)? If there are none, why consider buying a different product???

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Michael-Alley wrote on 4/11/2021, 10:34 AM

Hello Jeff.

Thankyou for responding.

---------------------------------------------------

Fra: Michael
Sendt: 10. september 2020 11:08
Til: MAGIX Sales Department <sales@magix.net>
Emne: Re: Ihre Anfrage an den Kundendienst

Hello again,

I have had this product for 2 Years now.

Does this mean that no updates are planned?

Does Photostory deluxe also Sort and manage photos?

Med venlig hilsen/Best Regards

Michael Alley

Sendt fra min iPhone

Fra: MAGIX Sales Department <sales@magix.net>
Sendt: Thursday, September 10, 2020 9:43:48 AM
Til:
Emne: Re:Ihre Anfrage an den Kundendienst

Hello,

The version you have installed (13.1.1.12) is the latest version we offer of the Photo Manager Deluxe. There is no newer version.

Best regards,

MAGIX Software GmbH 

---------------------------------------------------------------
On 9. July 2019 i recieved this mail.

Dear Michael Alley,

Thank you for your message. The latest generation of Photo Manager is Photo Manager Deluxe 17 and this is the version you can use via this download link:
http://dl03.magix.net/photomanager17dlx_dlm.exe

So an upgrade is not necessary.
The latest patch is: 13.1.1.12
You can see your patch version via "Help > About..."

This patch has been released on July 24th 2018 so as you can see there hasn't been a patch for quite some time and as far as I know a new patch is not planned.

"Changes in version 13.1.1.12:

* Fixed error: Improvements to performance and stability"

I hope this helps.

--
Best regards,
Removed by Moderator
MAGIX Software GmbH

On 10 septempber 2020 I had this mail dialog.

Fra: Michael
Sendt: 10. september 2020 11:08
Til: MAGIX Sales Department <sales@magix.net>

Hello again,

I have had this product for 2 Years now.

Does this mean that no updates are planned?

Does Photostory deluxe also Sort and manage photos?

Med venlig hilsen/Best Regards

Michael Alley

Sendt fra min iPhone

Fra: MAGIX Sales Department <sales@magix.net>
Sendt: Thursday, September 10, 2020 9:43:48 AM
Til:

Hello,

The version you have installed (13.1.1.12) is the latest version we offer of the Photo Manager Deluxe. There is no newer version.

Best regards,

MAGIX Software GmbH 
---------------------------------------------------------

I must admit I am not sure if i purchased the update service seperately or if a 1 years update subscription was simply included in my purchase price for Photo Manager Deluxe.

Either way, as a programmer myself, I am use to software being updated when a update subscription is available for purchase.

As you can see, from the mails above the product has not been updated/changed/improved since 2018.

For me, the Photo Manager Deluxe could use a general lift in the existing functionality such as finding duplicates, batch editing exif data, batch renaming of files with for example "option a (date info)" og "option b (file created info)" IF "option a" is not available.

Take at general look at whats on the market today at you will find other areas that can inspire improvements. Such as finding duplicates based on a percentage.

I have been willing to pay software that is improved and maintained but I see no reason to do so if upgrades don't come.

Kind Regards,

Michael Alley

PATIENT-X wrote on 4/11/2021, 11:03 AM

@Michael-Alley

Hello, Welcome

I have removed your email address and other info as this is a public user to user forum.

Forum Moderator 

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

browj2 wrote on 4/11/2021, 11:59 AM

@Michael-Alley

Hi,

Photo Manager does not come under the Update Service and never has, as far as I know. However, on the sales page, the "i" shows up beside Upgrade and clicking on it show the small Update Service message with a link to the Update Service page. This would make users believe that it was part of the Update Service and Magix should never have put that "i" beside Upgrade.

Photo Manager is actually quite surprising in its capabilities, but I expect there is room for improvement.

@emmrecs

Hi Jeff,

I, too, am expecting/hoping that at some point Magix will do something more with the program, including bug fixes:

1. Replacing Travel Route Animation, now deprecated, with Travel Maps. I don't know how this would work as TRA would use the GPS coordinates of selected images to create a route, TM does not have this capability right now
  2. Adding a way to see the category title along with the icon for an object to be able to remove the correct one (maybe there is, but I can't find it). There is a checkmark beside an upper folder and if you're not careful you can end up with everything having an unwanted category (my case). I have several categories with the folder icon, so I don't know which one to select to remove the category from a photo.
  3. Add a way to remove just a selected category from all selected items in a folder without having to do them one by one.
  4. Improve facial recognition, not that I've used it much.
  5. Fix Share, Edit videos (from Album) - the latest programs are not on the list. They are there under the other two Share entries but not this one.
  6. Fix the first two fields (I have this bug, others may not) to be File name and Date. Right now, they are incorrectly named File size and Path, and there is no way to change them. Magix told me that they were not going to do a patch to fix this.
  7. Change all instances of "Use Magix Photo Designer" to "Edit externally" or something like that because PM uses the external program listed under "Photo Editor" in Options, Path settings. I don't think that most users are aware of this.
  8. Under Share, Other Online Services, CATOOH should be changed to Producer Planet.
  9. The manual has "Transfer photos from Camera MX" but Camera MX only uses PhotoStory and not Photo Manager (or any of the other video programs). So, Magix needs to fix Camera MX as well so that files just get transferred to a selected location.
  10. Allow changing normal EXIF info from PM.
  11. Add in geotagging to be able to copy GPS data from one photo to another, or use a location from Google Maps as to add GPS info to a photo. (Need to be able to modify EXIF data).
  12. Strengthen database - it seems fragile, subject to crashing unexpectedly. Maybe it's just me, but this happens often.
  13. Add a way to go through all (or in selected folders) PhotoStory, MEP and VPX project files and show which file is in which project. This would probably require another DB holding the project files and linking them to the objects (video clips, photos, audio files) used in them. Thus in the photos db, a view would be needed to allow one to see the project files where the photo is used.

Given time, I could probably think of more. I would be interested in seeing ideas from others.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

johnebaker wrote on 4/11/2021, 1:23 PM

@Michael-Alley

Hi

Please do not publish Magix staff names - see Community rule 9 - link is at the bottom of the page.

I have removed the name of the Magix staff member in your post.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Michael-Alley wrote on 4/11/2021, 1:54 PM

I apologize for forgettong this rule.

Michael-Alley wrote on 8/26/2023, 7:16 AM

Hello,

What is the current version of PhotoManager? Have there been any improvements on version 13.1.1.12?

emmrecs wrote on 8/26/2023, 8:39 AM

@Michael-Alley

The latest version is still 13.1.1.12 so no updates (or "improvements") sorry.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam