Updates???

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 10/6/2018, 1:25 PM

Looking for the latest build for Acid Pro8 (233) or (8.07). There are problems with the Beatmapper and other issues in the only version on the download pages or within my account listing. The only version available for download in my account is 8.05 build 226.

Is there some place within the site where current builds are available for download? I've searched the website without success. I realize that there is an opportunity to become a beta tester but that is not workable for me.

Seems weird that current builds and updates aren't made available for download. Or perhaps they are and I just haven't found them? Maybe there is a reason for it? But if there are problems, like the Beatmapper issue, and others, how can one solve these issues without the latest update available for download so we can install it?

I've carefully looked for an email assuming any update would be announced and have a link for any update included within it. I didn't receive one.

Seems to me that as a customer this should be a little easier. Perhaps I've missed something.

Maybe one of the moderators could shed some light on this or post a link for the update (233 or newer)?

Thank you,

Will

Comments

sheppo wrote on 10/6/2018, 5:33 PM

Hi @Will-Kenworthy

I think how this works changed in build 233, since this is one of the items listed in the recent changes. see the FAQ post. Hopefully it will be easier going forward.

Anyway, open acid, there is an option under the help menu to check for updates, or check for news, i forget the exact wording in 226. This will give you a direct link to 233 download - i did it earlier today to check that 233 was being offered this way.

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 10/6/2018, 9:16 PM

First, thank you for your quick reply Sheppo!

Checking under the help menu "Check for News" was the first thing I tried. Little box opens and says "No news or No new news to report at this time".

I have build 226 now and that is the version that downloads and installs from my Magix account/products page as far as I can tell. I use the 64 bit version. When I tried downloading from my account page and installing the 32 bit version (it won't install 64 bit version without uninstalling the existing app on my computer) it was the same 226 build.

That's part of what I don't get about this. Why wouldn't the newest version download from Magix? I'm guessing perhaps I'm doing something wrong? Is it necessary to uninstall Acid before I attempt any new install? Usually when an update is posted like in Vegas you just install it on top of the version you have. I'm sure you know that. I just go to the page that has the builds download the new one, etc, etc.

Since I don't use the 32bit version I uninstalled it as it was only an experiment to see what downloaded.

I couldn't find any other place or way to get the update.

I really appreciate your help with this Sheppo. I fell stupid that I can't figure this out and I have to ask about it. Seems like I should be able to handle this myself. I've been a Vegas user since version 2 and on Acid since version 5. Downloaded and installed lot's of updates.

But, Either I've missed something stupid simple or, I don't know what??? I'm sorry for having to waste your time with this, really ....

Will

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 10/6/2018, 11:16 PM

OK. Should have figured this out myself. You have to run Acid with Administrator privileges for the update feature to work, apparently. Ran into the idea while reading another post.

Thank you again Sheppo,

Will

sheppo wrote on 10/7/2018, 3:42 AM

Hi @Will-Kenworthy. I Totally agree with you, it is counter intuitive to not have the latest version available from the your Magix.com profile page. Essentially forcing us to download and install twice. I'll highlight it to the devs.

Anyway, glad you're up-to-date and working with the latest version now and have a working beat mapper! \o/

sheppo wrote on 10/7/2018, 3:46 AM

For the FAQ - how to download the latest version of Acid Pro

• Download the Acid Pro installer from the Magix.com my products page
  • Install the version of Acid Pro you wish to install - currently this will install build 8.0.8.29 - the latest version
  • Once installed, run Acid Pro as administrator (right click the shortcut in the start menu, select Run as Administrator
  • Go to the Help Menu and click "Check for News"
  • This should present you with download links for the latest 32bit and 64bit version of Acid Pro if newer versions are available
  • Download and install the version you want

edit 07-June-2019: updated to reflect latest version available from the My Products page

Ulysses31 wrote on 11/24/2018, 2:29 PM

Hi, I have Acid Pro 5 and Sound Forge 8. Would I be eligible to just upgrade to the latest versions of Acid Pro and Sound Forge? Or would I have to buy the full versions?

Thanks

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 11/24/2018, 2:38 PM

You should be able to upgrade. I did, from Acid Pro 5 to AP 7 then to AP8. all upgrade. It's my understanding any version of Acid (as long as it's not Acid Music studio, that has a different upgrade path, I believe) qualifies for upgrade to AP 8. AP 8 is already very inexpensive so the savings aren't a ton but significant anyway.

Sound Forge looks to me to be the same. I have SFP 10.

Will

pede-dlede wrote on 4/5/2019, 11:00 AM

i bought acid pro 5 back in 2006 or something and still have the serialnumber. Is it possible to upgrade to acid 6 or higher?

emmrecs wrote on 4/5/2019, 11:37 AM

@pede-dlede

Welcome to the Magix forums.

Versions 6 and 7 are also now very old. The current version of Acid Pro is 8. I very much doubt if there is any upgrade path from version 5 since that version was produced a very long time before Magix acquired the product.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

pede-dlede wrote on 4/5/2019, 12:36 PM

ok thx, acid5 is usefull enough but it keeps saying low memory when i add too many tracks though i have 8gb which should be enough? Maybe it´s the soundcard which is just some simple mainboard one.

emmrecs wrote on 4/6/2019, 4:15 AM

@pede-dlede

I am not an Acid user/owner so have no experience with any version, sorry.

However, I'm pretty certain that Aid Pro 5 was a 32 bit app so cannot make use of anything like the 8GB RAM you have. IOW, even if you were to increase the amount of RAM you have, Acid 5 would still not be able to use it.

Also, are you running a 32 bit or 64 bit version of Windows? If you only have a 32 bit version then most of your RAM is not going to be used at all!

the soundcard which is just some simple mainboard one

That is certainly going to decrease the quality of the sound you hear, when compared with a decent external soundcard, but I doubt it is affecting the use of memory.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

pede-dlede wrote on 4/6/2019, 5:29 PM

yeah im on win64. I gues i´ll finder another daw then. Thanks for your help

steven-cluthe wrote on 6/5/2019, 11:26 AM

I hate sounding so newbie but how and where do i get the 8.0.8.29 update ? I bought T-racks suite and my Acid 8.0.5 64bit wont load the plugins. I'm at wits end BTW I have 2 versions I have AP8 8.0.5 (64bit) and AP8 8.0.3.

sheppo wrote on 6/5/2019, 12:30 PM

@steven-cluthe - check for updates in the help menu. If you do not run as an administrator you many need to first launch Acid as administrator. Right click on the shortcut in the start menu, run as administrator.

steven-cluthe wrote on 6/5/2019, 1:03 PM

Thanks for the reply but I'm not seeing anything in that regard, I always Run AP8 as Admin anyway.

sheppo wrote on 6/6/2019, 2:30 PM

@steven-cluthe follow the instructions in my response a page above - https://www.magix.info/uk/forum/updates--1214533/#ca1414344

johnebaker wrote on 6/6/2019, 3:50 PM

@steven-cluthe

Hi

. . . . I always Run AP8 as Admin anyway . . . .

For clarification, do you mean you have modified the shortcut, or the program .exe, to always run the program as Admin or do you have a standard user account that has 'Administrator' privileges as defined in your Account settings?

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

lt20018 wrote on 6/6/2019, 5:57 PM

@sheppo updated like last time and this continues. Any fix?

sheppo wrote on 6/7/2019, 5:00 AM

@lt20018 - I assume that it never proceeds past that point? Please log a support request by clicking the Contact link at the bottom of this page

lt20018 wrote on 6/7/2019, 12:32 PM

@sheppo i have used that tool many times with no success. One cannot be specific in that tool. Trying to remain positive as this has turned into almost a full year problem with constant crashing. When re-downloading 8.0.7 it works for a while but then crashes in the middle of creating. This has become frustrating with really no USA(Reno, NV) Tech support for the number that is supplied(always busy signal). Again attempting to remain positive on the forum, it is becoming hard when i cannot use a product i paid for, while Magix pushes a new one AP9. I also understand the difference in time and response time as well. I have searched throughout the forum as well and tried what others have and no luck. This is one of the main things that has kept me from buying AP9. Sorry just being honest.

Djronrella wrote on 6/7/2019, 1:27 PM

Maybe your registry has old Acid Pro info that if you know how to clean all Acid old stuff out!!(ONLY IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE REGISTRY!)

What Windows are you running?

Just wondering because I had bought a new pc and waited to install first Acid Pro 8 beta into a brand new pc and been taking all updates and I haven't had 10% any issues posted in forums!

I owned Acid Pro 7 still sits on older not used pc.

Just wondering!

lt20018 wrote on 6/7/2019, 4:31 PM

Maybe your registry has old Acid Pro info that if you know how to clean all Acid old stuff out!!(ONLY IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE REGISTRY!)

What Windows are you running?

Just wondering because I had bought a new pc and waited to install first Acid Pro 8 beta into a brand new pc and been taking all updates and I haven't had 10% any issues posted in forums!

I owned Acid Pro 7 still sits on older not used pc.

Just wondering!

Ok! So we are on the SAME boat. Running on Windows 10 so AP7 has never been on this. Once hearing that AP8 was coming out i went and did the same by buying a new computer. Since 2nd update...its been hell! So idk...but im coming to wits end as i am missing projects = money. Attempting to learn a whole new DAW is time consuming and having over 500 beats that crash 75% of the time does not do me any good and i WILL NOT buy AP9 if im seeing alot of complaints even from AP8(STILL). Again with attempting to stay positive....Other DAW's companies do not send their customers through the ringer with lack of support, constant hick ups. Then a year later release a new DAW and promote long time users to buy into it....I welcome the help from anyone that can help me. This might change my mind on AP9 if i can get AP8 to work properly after months of updating, deleting, reinstalling old version.

sheppo wrote on 6/8/2019, 1:33 PM

@lt20018 how did AP9 work out for you? It looks like from another thread you were impressed - I'm hoping that was not sarcasm? :-)

Djronrella wrote on 6/8/2019, 1:53 PM

I want to know also?? Lol

And do we buy upgrade?