Update Service Causes ACID NEXT 365 to crash

Christopher-Frank wrote on 8/18/2019, 4:21 AM

This is almost as annoying as Magix.com's "We use cookies" bar that shows up everytime I navegate to a new page on Magix's website... After updating to Acid Next 354 1.0.24, The program crashes when trying to start app. I figured out it has something to do with the Acid Update App. So now when I OPEN the app, I have to sit there and wait staring at a "we're installing important componants" popup. Then I use the program (no crashes). Then before I CLOSE the app, I have to go to Settings and Uninstall the Acid Next Updater App... Then I can close the app... and it won't crash when I open it again... BUUUUUUT I have to go through the process of WAIT, USE, UNINSTALL, CLOSE all over again.

I think I know why this is happening... When my friend came over a few weeks back, I deactivate MY Acid Account from my Surface and Activate HIS. I have a feeling HIS serial number is in the registry somewhere, possibly causing the update program to run in the first place... and of course, as with many programs, it's next to impossible to actually uninstall the program and remove ALL the crap left behind in the registry.

It's not a major problem now that I have it pretty much under control... though it bumps up my anxiety while I'm working... and that is starting to drive me away to my other DAWs.

Oh, yeah... and WHY THE HECK won't the program ever remember the color scheme I create in preferences?? I can't stand the dull drab default track colors.

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...