Update........any word

Former user wrote on 10/1/2022, 3:54 PM

Hello Everyone ! Here we are in October and yet we have NO updates to any version of AP....? Has anyone heard of anything that may be useful to any and all of the users of AP8 through 11....????? I ask because I've had to work in AP for a client from 4 years ago and AP worked just as I thought it would....it crashed...it never disappoints.

Kindest Regards

Comments

SP. wrote on 10/1/2022, 4:05 PM

@Former user The user @sheppo wrote in this thread that ACID runs very stable if you use all VST plugins inside a VST plugin host like SuperPlugin. This probably helps because SuperPlugin takes then all responsibility for loading and communicating the plugins circumventing the broken ACID program code.

Former user wrote on 10/1/2022, 6:03 PM

@SP. once again, sadly, that does not solve the the inherent problem(s) with AP. It is yet ANOTHER work-around. People (me) don't invest in a DAW to learn the workarounds of poorly constructed software. Cheers

SP. wrote on 10/1/2022, 6:24 PM

@Former user Like I speculated in the other thread here I think we need to wait for the new VST plugin engine to be finished before a significant update to ACID will be released. Don't know how long this will take.

sheppo wrote on 10/2/2022, 2:23 PM

I'm in agreement with you @Former user - I have been asking for an update for the past few weeks from my Magix contact - they have been on holiday until last Friday, bad timing with the end of summer I guess, but they have committed to pushing for an update. As soon as I hear anything I will post (this was my intention with asking in the first place) - although I hope they post, as it carries much more weight coming directly from Magix.

Until then, I can't recommend the free Waves' free Studio Rack VST host plugin enough.. irrespective of rock solid stability, the workflow speed and ability to multi band split - potentially without phase shift, being able to see plugin latency, pin multiple plugin windows open at once and define macros controlling multiple automations at once is just a dream.. Even in some other DAWs with 'mature' VST combability it's just a faster way to work.

Former user wrote on 10/3/2022, 9:48 AM

@sheppo Thanks for the information. When it's Summer Holiday time let nothing stand in the way. 😃 I once had a piece of software from France and ran into the same issue, I understand. So it's good to hear they are working on the DAW again. Admittedly I don't use AP as a DAW anyone it's when I have to go back to it for a client that I have a need for it. Thank you, once again, for all that you do. Kindest Regards