Unable to uninstall Independence Pro

Lox7 wrote on 2/16/2023, 11:42 AM

Hi. I am unable to uninstall Independence Pro.

I am on windows 7 64bit SP1. I get this error message when I try to uninstall the VST plugins from the control panel (the only place there seems to be an uninstaller for it).

32-bit and 64-bit installation folders must be different from each other.

Obviously I have them in different folders. I've spen about 6 hours trying to make this work. I sent error messages to Magix which have just been ignored - so that was a complete waste of time as well.

Another thing. I have Independence Pro installed and working but on the 32bit version of Samplitude Pro X 3 it only picks up on the 64 bit Independence Pro and bit-bridges it. This is much much slower and I just want to use the normal 32 bit version of the program. Is this normal?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/16/2023, 4:22 PM

@Lox7 Windows offers the troubleshooter to uninstall software which make problems during uninstallation. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d

Another program you could use is the free version of Revo Uninstaller.

Has the 32 bit version of your Samplitude set the correct VST path for the 32 bit version of Independence?

Have you created a technical support ticket via the SUPPORT link at top of this forum page? Otherwise you wouldn't get any response from support. It also takes some days until the support will get back to you. So you probably won't get a response until next week.