Unable to select zoom area maintaining proportion, unable to drag phot

lorena-maccarone wrote on 10/31/2017, 8:05 AM

Hi. I'm using photostory version 17.1.1.91.

I was using the camera zoon effect in the photos. Not sure why I'm not able to select a section maintaining the proportion (I was able to do it before). Suddenly whenever I want to select an smaller section, if I choose one corner of the marked area, it does not make a selection in proportion, only one corner is moved. I have read other post on how to zoom, but also I'm not able to drag the photo if I want to use the size and position option. The mouse mode does not change to drag the object. Please see images below. I appreciate your help as I'm stuck trying to solve it. I don't have experience using photostory, is just my 2nd day.

This is what happens when trying to select a section, only 1 corner moves.

this is what happens when I try to grad a photo, the mouse mode does not change to drag photo. It keeps in the form of select area.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 10/31/2017, 11:35 AM

Hi

. . . . I'm using photostory version 17.1.1.91 . . . .

You appear to be missing an update - the current version is 17.1.1.92. To check for updates click Help, Update online and follow the prompts if an update is available.

Below is a quick example of how to use the Zoom to section effect. You can adjust the starting size and final size to what you require - I have given examples of Zooming in from full screen image and Zooming out to full screen image.

I would advise you to learn more about Keyframing either through one of the Movie Edit Pro tutorials - the principles are the same for Photostory - or on Youtube

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 10/31/2017, 11:36 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

lorena-maccarone wrote on 11/1/2017, 4:16 AM

Thank you so much! I will make the update and try again.

lorena-maccarone wrote on 11/2/2017, 8:26 AM

Hi.

I have made the update and follow what you show in your video. Still same issue.

I have chosen the effect option camera / zoom shot, the picture is not selected as in your video, so I can't take any corner to resize and zoom in or out. If I click over picture with mouse, then a mark for selection appears but when I take one corner to resize is not proportional. But, if I go to the effect Section, I can choose keep proportion, however I can not apply the zoom in or out that is included in the camera zoom shot option. Something is not working. Is there any number I can call for support?

see picture below, the selection and resize is not proportional

Thank you

johnebaker wrote on 11/2/2017, 3:51 PM

Hi

The above image would appear to show that the image or video object has had the Tilt and Shape effect applied to it, however on my system Tilt & Shape and Camera zoom are mutually exclusive ie you cannot have both applied to the same image or video clip.

Can you post and image as above and include the timeline (zoom in to the image or video clip so we can see what effects are applied to it) and the effects options for Camera/zoom shot.

To apply any effects to an image or video it must be selected on the timeline before the effect options will appear.

Thanks

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

lorena-maccarone wrote on 11/3/2017, 4:32 AM

Hi. Here is the image.

The only thing I have done is open an empty project, drag one image to the timeline, select it, then went to effects > camera zoom shot. Place the first mark and set way point at current position, then move cursor for the second mark. When I go to the image to select smaller section for the zoom is where I get the problem. There is no way that I can move one corner. There is no selection around the image as showed in your video. The cursor mode is like a cross, I have to mark it over the image, then when I select one corner it is not proportional.

Is there any settings that I'm missing here?

I have never mark the Tilt & shape option for this or any other of the images I tried. So I don[t know how that works, but for sure that effect is not applied here.

I bough this software on Monday this week, still can not make it work. :(

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you