Unable to render audio with Movie Studio 16.0

Tony-Adnum wrote on 12/16/2023, 4:39 AM

I have been using Movie Studio, various versions, for 16 years. Currently Movie Studio 16.0 Platinum. I have. A completed project that will not render audio (Ac3). The problem started when I downloaded Windows 11 and it rendered my PC useless. I was previously using Windows 10. I purchased a new PC (Dell) with Windows 10 installed. This is when the audio would not render. The person I purchased the new PC from (25 years experience) insists it is not the problem. However, before Windows 11 on my old PC everything was working well. Could it be a compatible problem between the PC and Movie Studio? These are the error messages I receive; “The selected encode format requires the download of an add-on software module the first time the format is used. If you wish to proceed ensure your PC is connected to the internet, then click Yes”. After clicking Yes I receive the following message; “Operational error - Installation failed, code: -1. On some systems this problem can be avoided by starting the application with the Windows “Run as Administrator” option then rendering the project again. After the component has downloaded successfully, the application can be closed and restarted normally, without the “Run as Administrator” option”.

I have tried the above suggestion several times without success.

Thank you

Tony Adnum

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/16/2023, 4:57 AM

@Tony-Adnum

Please read this pinned post and follow the advice given there.

This thread will be closed.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam