Comments

siglersmalz wrote on 8/22/2009, 2:23 AM
Hopefully, the solution is the check mark next to Preview: Video.  If the check is there, then I believe you should be able to see the video.  With the checkmark gone, it should do what you discribe, the video will stop displaying when you start recording.

The same happens with the audio.  I think this is to help save CPU usage since MEP is a real CPU hog when it records.  That's why I con't use it.  I record video coming into my PC's TV Tuner card with the software that came with it (www.hauppauge.com).

I don't know about the empty recording message.  You should see the "Video Capture" counter (in MB) incrementing while you're recording.  If that is happening and you still get the empty recording message then it appears your problem is technical.  You might need to contact Magix support at

support.magix.net (click "contact")

If you have to record with MEP, be sure to free up as much of your CPU as possible by killing unneeded programs (weather, IM, monitoring/indexing processes, sidebars, etc.).  Check the lower right-hand corner of your Windows desktop and stop as many of the icons as possible.

Doing this will help keep the CPU from hitting 100% a lot and causing dropped frames (both of which can be monitored in the MEP Video Recording windows, which is pretty cool).

Hope this helps.