Unable to install and reactivate Xara Web Designer 7

wesviking wrote on 2/25/2014, 10:34 AM

I need to install Xara Web Designer 7 on another computer in my home and I can't because you have locked me out dut to some arbitriary download limit you have set, which I have exceeded. Can you please change this so I can get up and running again. And don't set the count so low as I'm sure this will happen again. In fact, I need to reinstall on my main computer too because I have a problem with "paste" that won't go away and maybe a reinstall will fix it. I submitted that "paste" problem but nobody has given me a fix.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 2/25/2014, 1:54 PM

Hi

'We' have not changed anything - this is a user forum not Magix support.

You need to contact Magix to get the download counter reset.

. . . . And don't set the count so low as I'm sure this will happen again . . . 

You will get the same number of downloads as all other Magix software users.

The question is why do you need to download it so much?

One licence = install on 1 computer.

. . . I need to reinstall on my main computer too because I have a problem with "paste" . . .

Have you posted a question on the forum to see if anyone else has had this problem?

Have you tried resetting the program to its default settings to see if this fixes the problem?

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 2/25/2014, 1:54 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

wesviking wrote on 3/5/2014, 11:24 AM

The reason I tried to ask the question here is because I had submitted it the proper way twice and received no reply. As to the "same number of downloads as all others",  the question is what is the limit?, and why is there a limit?. Why do I need to download it so much? My computer was 'blue screening", I had it in the shop three times. Each time they said it was fixed. It was not. That computer is now in the junk yard. I have a new computer, but this time I couldn't install. I was never able to get anybody to reset the download counter so I bought version 9. Great, you made a sale. Now I know why you set a "frustration" limit on downloads. People just get ticked off and buy it again. I have other software with other companies and there is no limit. It's called trust. About the paste problem- I was given one suggestion which did not work, also I did the program reset which did not work. I no longer have the problem in version 9.