unable to burn slideshow to DVD

Candice-Keller wrote on 11/30/2022, 12:57 PM

I recently purchased Photostory Easy and created a slide show. I am trying to burn the slide show to DVD and i continually get an error. I bought a brand new DVD Writer (manufactured Jan 2022) after i did some research, and it still isn's working. The laptop is an Asus - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   1.99 GHz 64 bit OS. 16GB RAM.

I would like to create a disc for family to view in a DVD player. How can i get this to work? I have tried using DVD+R and DVD-R discs, neither work.

Here is some text from the log file:

!!! DBK error in CBurnDevSupport::InvalidateDiscInfo(): 16 - burn support - invalid device !!

Step 1 of 5, Encoding movie 1 ...
Step 1 done
ERROR: PrepareDVDVideoFiles() failed with errNo 5 - encoding failed
!!! DBK error in BurnProject: 10 - movie encoding failed !!!

Please help! What needs to be done in order to burn the slide show to a DVD?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 11/30/2022, 1:28 PM

@Candice-Keller

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

What is the full name and model number of the DVD-Writer you have bought?

I think the key fact from the error report is this line:
DBK error in CBurnDevSupport::InvalidateDiscInfo(): 16 - burn support - invalid device !!

To me, that suggests that you may not actually have a DVD-Writer; hence my request for the model name.

OR, you may need to install updated Magix Burn Routines; a link to them can be found on this page.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Candice-Keller wrote on 11/30/2022, 2:48 PM

Hi Jeff,

i downloaded the Windows 10 burn routine but got the same error. I just bought the new DVD reader today, since my former one wasn't working either. It is an ASUS Eternal Slim DVD-RW SDRW-08D2S-U. It is definitely a DVD writer, with 8X write speed for DVD-R.

Do you have any other suggestions i can try?

Thanks,

Candice

johnebaker wrote on 11/30/2022, 4:24 PM

@Candice-Keller

Hi

. . . . Step 1 of 5, Encoding movie 1 ... Step 1 done ... ERROR: PrepareDVDVideoFiles() failed with errNo 5 - encoding failed . . . .

Step 1 is the encoding of the movie on the timeline, as this did not complete it suggest there did not get to step 2, there is an object, image, video or audio or an effect that causes an issue.

Try export the video as a MPG file, ie Video as MPEG option, during the export watch the Movie time information in the export dialog.

If the export fails note the movie time, then go back to the movie on the timeline and note what objects are within ± 10 secs - if there is an effect applied try removing it and test export again.

Alternatively zoom in to show ± 20 secs if the fail time, click the small square top right of the timeline pane to make if full screen and zoom vertically to make the tracks heights bigger and take a screenshot and post this in a comment.

To get the timeline back to normal press F9 to reset the pegram interface or undo the zooms and click the 'double square top right of the timeline pane.

If the export does not fail then try the burn again, however select the Image recorder, not the external ASUS DVD Writer, this will create an ISO disc image in a folder of your choice.

If this works then you can burn the ISO image created in Windows Fie Explorer - right click the ISO file and select Burn to disc.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Candice-Keller wrote on 12/14/2022, 3:24 PM

Hello,

Is there any other assistance you can provide? I hate to have to redo my entire slide show in another software that has the ability to burn to a CD/DVD. I have tried your suggestions but it still isn't working. The most recent suggestion does not work as described.

Thank you,

Candice

emmrecs wrote on 12/14/2022, 3:36 PM

@Candice-Keller

Are you saying you cannot create an ISO image either?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam