Typically when you load a dvd movie into a dvd player, you are presented with a menu that includes Play, Chapters, etc.

Thart4352 wrote on 12/18/2008, 12:35 PM
Typically when you load a dvd movie into a dvd player (NOT a PC), you are presented with a menu that includes Play, Chapters, etc. that the user moves through with the remote and the options are underscored with a line or get highlighted in some way.

I am trying to create the menus for my DVD project and when I do, on the main DISCMENU there no "Play" "button" for the user to "click" on using a normal DVD player & remote (not a PC).  

How can I add those to my menus?  

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 12/19/2008, 4:38 AM
Hi there,

All the options you describe basically exist in Movie Edit Pro. You can create a standard video DVD with two levels of menu structure. There's a main DVD/disc menu that shows all the movies on the disc, which is often just one single movie. Below that level, there's one sub menu level for chapters. These two menu levels provide the functionality you describe, even if it doesn't necessarily say "play" on the buttons. Ultimately, what your menu will look like depends on the menu layout you choose in the burn/DVD-authoring stage of Movie Edit Pro. There are also plenty of customization options. Actually, you could replace every movie or chapter thumbnail with a graphics file of your choice. You don't have to use a frame from within the movie. You could make up your own thumbnails in an external graphics program. They could show whatever you want them to show, including a "play" button. Just make sure you don't accidentally turn off menus altogether in the menu options of the Movie Edit Pro DVD-authoring dialog. You want to set it to "movie and chapter menus".

I hope this helps.