Trying to burn a video - but only part of it will burn. What does "VTS_01_1.VOB - Should the existing file be used for the film ..." mean?

neelynet wrote on 7/2/2014, 3:36 PM

I'm using PhotoStory Deluxe 2013 on Windows Vista. I have created a file, saved it and burned it to DVD. I did not want a menu or chapters. I wanted the whole video (15 minutes, 30 seconds long) to play when put into the DVD player. So I unchecked Intro Video - Film Menu - Chapter Menu - Previewing Images - Numbering and Border. I clicked on Burn, then DVD format. Then a screen pops up saying, "VTS_01_1.VOB - Should the existing file be used for the film ... rewrite chapter info and chapter information ... rewrite film menus and navigation structures" I can check one of the following: encode all, encode, use all, use, cancel." Not sure what that means?! I tried use all on the first disc, and I did not check rewrite chapter info or rewirte film menus. It successfully burned only 3 minutes to disc. On another disc, I tried encode all and it was cycling for so long (30 minutes), I canceled it. Then I tried checking both options and use all and I got about 8 minutes burned to DVD. For these DVDs, I cannot fast forward or advance beyond that 3 or 8 minute mark. I don't have anything different in those portions of the video either.  Any ideas why the whole thing did not burn to disc?

I appreciate your help! Thank you!

Comments

terrypin wrote on 7/3/2014, 3:28 AM

Hi,

Safest option is to use 'Encode all...'.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK 

Last changed by terrypin on 7/3/2014, 3:28 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK. PC: i7 6700K, 4.0 GHz, 32GB with Win 10 pro. Used many earlier versions of MEPP, currently mainly MEPP 2016 & 2017 (Using scores of macro scripts to add functionality, tailored to these versions.)

neelynet wrote on 7/3/2014, 8:06 AM

Thank you, Terry. I chose Encode All and was able to burn an HD DVD. Although it took three hours to burn ... it looks great! I appreciate your response.