Trouble with Native Instruments plug-ins in Acid Pro 8.0

joel-cooper wrote on 9/2/2018, 9:35 PM

OK, this is weird, but I am having trouble with Native Instruments plug-ins in Acid Pro 8.0. I have used Acid for years, even pre-Sony, and never had this problem. All of the NI Instruments have worked fine in midi track setting when played and recorded. The problem I am having is all of this extra data garbage is being added to each track as I record the instrument. It makes it impossible to edit in the midi editor. The notes are all elongated and tones are continuous. The only way I can use the track at all is to convert it to a .wav file and then add it as an audio track and edit it unmercifully. And even then, it is very difficult to use. The only thing I can think of doing is playing and recording the track with a Magix plug-in, such as a keyboard, and then apply the NI voice to it later. This is a far from satisfactory solution, as I will thus lose the nuances of the NI instruments. Strangely, Addictive Keys and several Magix instruments work perfectly in Acid Pro 8.0. I get usable midi tracks that are easy to edit. Can anyone help me use my NI Instruments more successfully within Acid Pro 8.0? Thank you so much.

Comments

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 9/9/2018, 11:53 PM

I have several plugins/instruments that won't even load. Hybrid 3 for example. Neither 32 or 64 bit. VIP won't load. Several more. Very frustrating .......

Seems very weird that some plugins will work fine, others won't work at all. Seems to have nothing to do with the 32bit vs 64bit. Very frustrating ....

Will

joel-cooper wrote on 9/10/2018, 1:08 AM

Frustrating, yes. Absolutely. Native Instruments used to work fine and beautifully in Acid Pro, but now that it’s a MAGIX product, it rarely, if ever, works right. Does anyone ar MAGIX care, or are they only interested in selling their own software and making more money?

Babis wrote on 9/14/2018, 8:22 AM

I use a Novation USB keyboard, a Studiologic 88 keys hooked to a midi interface and various USB Midi controllers. On the plug side i use NI Kontakt, Reaktor Monark and Guitar Rig extensively with absolutely np. You can always filter out the unwanted various continuous controllers midi data (cc) recorded by editing the midi channel's properties before hitting rec. You may also try a different midi controller and see if you get the same results. I hope this may help :-)

Cheers

joel-cooper wrote on 9/14/2018, 1:01 PM

Can you please tell me how to edit out the various midi controllers, unnecessary functions/features, etc. before hitting record?

mellotronworker wrote on 9/16/2018, 1:17 AM

The problem I am having is all of this extra data garbage is being added to each track as I record the instrument. It makes it impossible to edit in the midi editor. The notes are all elongated and tones are continuous. 

I've noticed this too on occasion. I have experienced it with Addictive Keys. I ended up recording the MIDI in another editor and dropping it in as a WAV file too.