Trial and Tribulation

maggie-w wrote on 4/2/2020, 1:57 AM

This will be rather a short 'post' for now.

Hello out there. What I'd love to know is..does anyone know the terms and conditions of a 'trial' software? They have put it out there for the 'paid' version, but not for an unpaid one. Have searched high and low in their informal sections, but have found non whatsoever to do with this subject. Please let us know, as I'd love it to be clarified. Thanks so much, Maggie

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 4/2/2020, 2:37 AM

@maggie-w

Hi

The trial versions are valid for 7 days, or 30 days if you extend the trial within the 7 day period.

Functionality is limited in the number of effects, transitions, media formats that can be imported and some features.

Exporting is usually limited to 3 mins of video.

Once you purchase you get the full program with the missing extras and more import export formats.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

maggie-w wrote on 4/2/2020, 10:59 PM

@maggie-w

Hi

The trial versions are valid for 7 days, or 30 days if you extend the trial within the 7 day period.

Functionality is limited in the number of effects, transitions, media formats that can be imported and some features.

Exporting is usually limited to 3 mins of video.

Once you purchase you get the full program with the missing extras and more import export formats.

HTH

John EB

maggie-w wrote on 4/3/2020, 12:38 AM

Hello..

Thank you for your comments, but I couldn't of put my message across very clearly.

I wish to know the terms and conditions for the TRIAL version of Magix Photostory

Deluxe. The truth of the matter IS, I wish to uninstall the software, so if there are

regulations to follow, I'd be very happy to comply with them. Have sent an email via

'contact us' to Magix, with no response.

The TRIAL version terminates on Tuesday the 7th of this month. If no word has been

forwarded my way by that date, I will uninstall what software I have of theirs. I'm not

being nasty, but these programs are not for me. After all, it was on an evaluation trial.

I must say though, it is very good of Magix to grant customers the opportunity to view

their products on a free testing basis.

Thank you for your time..

Regards..

Maggie.

emmrecs wrote on 4/3/2020, 4:11 AM

@maggie-w

There are no regulations to follow when uninstalling the trial versions of Magix products but be aware that the standard Uninstaller may leave some files or folders on your computer. They are not in any way "dangerous" but if you wish to ensure you remove everything I would recommend using Revo Uninstaller, or a similar app. There is a free version of it available to download.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

maggie-w wrote on 4/3/2020, 9:12 PM

Hello..

Oh man, I am so so pleased to hear that beautiful news!! Now I am able to go ahead

and do what I've wanted to do, not in an arrogant manner, but just a jolly jolly dolly.😂

Thank you for your time..

Regards..

Maggie.