Travel Maps (version 1.0.1.385) - embedding photos in route

PeterD58 wrote on 11/9/2020, 10:31 AM

Hi, no issues inserting landscape photos so they pop up when route is animated / played, but portrait photos are not correctly shown, they have a zoomed in / cropped effect, looks like they are coming out in landscape format. If I dont play the route and just put my cursor on the area of the route it is embedded, the mini version of the portrait photo looks okay. I am using photos from a DSLR which appear okay in Photostory Deluxe slide show in portrait format, I thought at first it was maybe just that travel maps only accepted photos in landscape format when used in this way, but when I played a video about animating the maps it showed portrait photos popping up ok. Have tried accessing the help page on travel maps, but when I do it just crashes, which to be fair it always has done in the 2 years I have had this program.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 11/9/2020, 1:25 PM

@PeterD58

Hi,

The photo part of Travel Maps is very rudimentary with no control over the display of photos except for the duration and transition. TM takes the photo and automatically resizes it to fill the screen, which usually does not give the desired effect. You cannot change this.

Rather than putting photos in TM, you are best to do this on the timeline in PhotoStory. Make sure to have a 1 second stop at the location where you want the photo(s). Split the video at the location, move the right part along the timeline and insert the photo(s) in the gap. Now you have full control over how you want to present the photo (or video).

I never use TM for inserting photos, always the video editor to have full control. That's why we use a video editor.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

PeterD58 wrote on 11/9/2020, 3:15 PM

Thanks very much for the info and advice John.

Peter