Travel Maps: Missing tiles in the only "live" map that works

Newsdude wrote on 7/11/2022, 6:07 PM

Not sure if it is a limitation of the trial version (1.2.1.462) that only the OpenStreetMap map works, but Standard, Topographic, Satellite, and Geographic yield nothing. My plotted journey just appears on the default desktop dark globe background in the Travel Maps app. I've looked all over trying to figure out if there's something else I should have downloaded.

Also, even with the functioning the OpenStreetMap map selected, it still doesn't display properly. I'm in Michigan, and a bunch of map tiles are defaulting to just blank yellow squares (see attached; Lakes Huron and Erie should not be half land-mass). And Michigan has lost its trademarked Thumb region. This is not the optimal way I'd want a map to look.

Is there any setting that will cause the application to refetch tiles? I wondered if they were cached that way by the program, so I tried reinstalling on another machine, and the tiles still did not render properly.

I'm on Windows 11, but on a Mac. I've tried running it both in Parallels and in Bootcamp.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 7/12/2022, 5:24 AM

@Newsdude

Hi

I can replicate this in the full version of the program, however the missing tiles are different

As you zoom in the some of the missing tiles appear, however zooming back out again you are back to the above.

An odd behaviour which would suggest there is an issue with the map tile sizes from OpenStreet Maps is shown below - see how some of the lakes disappear, then re-appear as you zoom in.

I would suggest you raise a Support ticket using the link at the top of the page, refer to this topic giving Support the URL. See this Support article on how to contact Support.

The other maps work in the full version of the program.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 7/12/2022, 5:26 AM, changed a total of 3 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.