transitions on slideshow photostory 9 not working on dvd

cependola wrote on 7/22/2010, 8:09 AM

I have created a slideshow and burned to a DVD. It doesn't show the transitions that i had made - just has fadeouts on every one. What am I doing wrong??? Please help ASAP!!!! ALso, how do you set the time for each slide to show? I have had to manually do this for each one, and it keeps not saving it that way!! HELP! Thanks!

Comments

john-auvil wrote on 7/22/2010, 8:59 AM
<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-520092929 1073786111 9 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page WordSection1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} -->

On the project that you have with the transitions, does it play correctly from within the program, meaning do you see the transitions correctly?

As for the timing, if you mean each photo being set to a longer or shorter duration then you can just set the first image to the time you want, then press "Apply to all"

If both the transition and display time change on during the burn process... which seems very odd to me then I would check to make sure you have the latest update for the PhotoStory 9 from MAGIX, as well as the burn routines... which is the driver set for the MAGIX burning utility.

If that persists, then I would contact MAGIX.

Here is how I do mine:

I load in my images, I do not even concern myself with order, as I always rearrange within the program using the 'Overview' mode. Once I have everything grouped, I save. This is my first project save, and I do so because computers and software are not always the utopian duo.

I then set my duration in the 'Story Board' mode. By default the program chooses 7 seconds. Some of my pictures will require more display time dependant to their complexity or detail. I set some longer, I may set some shorter, I have even used “Apply to all”. Once this is done, I save again using the same name, as at this point I have done nothing I cannot easily remove.

From this point, I add in text, audio maybe even design elements if I want, the last thing I add is the transition, because I want to see how the transition looks with everything else is set for the image.

Once I am satisfied, I save again with the _final at the end of the name, so this is a different project. I then reboot my system once the save has been verified. This is an old habit of mine, from back when computers barely had enough processing power to do a project and then burn back to back.

There is another reason I have added to it. It seems that the reboot also clears my mind of the project. This is good so when I load the project back up after the reboot, I can watch it, and see if I like it. If I do, I then go to the Burn Mode. I select my burn parameters, menus, backgrounds, text and what not for the DVD I am creating. Once that is done, I burn.

I haven't had a burn error with a PhotoStory project in a number of years, but I remember at that time I did have a issue, and I contacted MAGIX support they told me to make sure I had the latest burn routines. I also had to at the time, update the "firmware" for my burner; it turned out the drivers for the hardware were older than me and needed updated.

Once I did that, I was good, the computers have changed, I now do everything on a laptop, but the principles are the same. I have never had a project burn differently then how I set it up.