Transitions

Barbara-Martin8537 wrote on 11/25/2020, 1:11 PM

I think my original post timed out & didn't get sent, so here I go again...

I have a 2 year old computer running Windows 10/x64. I have plenty of RAM (6.77GB) & graphic card is more than adequate. (although in troubleshooting script if says something about Intel but I have AMD Radeon R7 240 which has been doing the job for months) I re-installed my Photostory Deluxe 2021 after getting a code 59 and now my transitions don't work. They show up on the screen as they should, but when running it, I get a straight cut from pic to pic. I also got a message that my Hardware acceleration has been deactivated. It is not. Possible causes: incompatible graphics card/driver. Can't be the case as it has been working fine until last week. Could it have something to do with Adobe Flash being discontinued? Is that even a requirement for using the program? My current story is 2.39GB, 509 pics & 47m21s long. Is that too much for the program to handle? I am NOT tech savvy. Please offer any suggestions with easy to understand step by step instructions incl. locations. (as if talking to a 2 year old) :) Pics would also be great! Thanks everyone!

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 11/25/2020, 1:29 PM

@Barbara-Martin8537

I think we need to resolve some confusion in your post!

First, for Win 10, 6.77GB RAM is not plenty! I assume this is the figure that Task Manager, or similar, is showing you as being "free". Is that correct? It certainly should be "adequate" at that figure, but, realistically nothing more.

What was this troubleshooting script? Can you show us it here, in full? From what you write, I suspect it is telling you that Hardware Acceleration (of graphics when exporting) is available ONLY if you have a suitable Intel CPU (Processor), nothing to do with your AMD Radeon card, which is a GPU (Graphics Processor). Exactly which CPU do you have?

As to the missing transitions: when you reinstalled PS did you also register it and then download and install all the additional content, which includes a whole raft of transitions? If not go to Help>Free download and install everything shown there. If a particular feature is already on your computer you will see it listed as "Installed on ...."

Flash is neither used nor needed by PS.

HTH. Post back if you're not sure about anything.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Barbara-Martin8537 wrote on 11/25/2020, 4:55 PM

Hi Jeff. That is the RAM I have free. My Processor is: AMD A10-8750 Radeon R7,12 Compute Cores 4C + 8G 3.60GHz (whatever that all means) I did register & there is no features left to download, all the boxes are no longer checked off. I will go into Magix trouble shooting to find what I read about the graphic cards & advise the location although I don't know why I am having this problem now & never did before. I had no problem making a story & copying it to my computer before. I will see what I can find to download additional content to see if that fixes one of my problems. Do you think that the program is too much for my desktop to handle?

Barbara-Martin8537 wrote on 11/25/2020, 5:08 PM

Hi Jeff, when I tried to start PS It says "Program is already started on this computer from user Barbara Martin (Me) If I continue, several program functions may be limited & problems may result because the required resources may not be used by multiple programs. Do I want to continue. Y/N" What does this mean? What multiple programs? I have nothing else running or open on my computer. Also, sometimes when I start my computer, it automatically opens the Magix program. What's up with that & how do I rectify it?

Barbara-Martin8537 wrote on 11/25/2020, 5:58 PM

Hi Jeff, Here is the info from customer support that I was talking about regarding the hardware acceleration being disabled.

Hardware acceleration is disabled during export

3/27/2019

PRODUCTS

.Video deluxe

.Video Pro X

.Photostory Deluxe

TOPIC

.Technical problems / Error messages

To use hardware acceleration with Intel® Quick Sync, your machine must meet the following requirements:

A generation 4, 5, 6, or 7 Intel CPU with Intel® HD Graphics

You must have Windows 8.1 or 10 if you are using a dedicated graphics card.

In Device Manager, you should see both the dedicated graphics card and the Intel HD Graphics adapter. If you do not see the graphics adapter, you need to enable it in the BIOS.

Warning! You should only make changes to the BIOS if you know what you are doing.

*****************************************************************************************

NOTE: I restarted my desktop, started PSD so I could check about downloading missing extras. Before I got to that stage, the program started to open, then it asked me to register & select the free downloads (I had already responded to this request 3 times today (I have the green check marks showing that it's done) All downloads show as being installed with today's date. Once all those windows were closed, it started to load the program. My screen went completely white with a small white box in the middle showing "Loading..." (It never did that before) It slowly built up section by section until the story I selected started to load. Once again, I got the window saying that my hardware acceleration is disabled. I clicked on OK & it finished loading the story. FYI - I chose a copy of my story that was saved a week before my latest version to see if that would make a difference with the transitions, but it didn't. I hope I have answered your questions & have given you enough to work with to resolve my issue. I cannot continue working on my project until then. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

johnebaker wrote on 11/26/2020, 5:02 AM

@Barbara-Martin8537

Hi

. . . . I also got a message that my Hardware acceleration has been deactivated. It is not.. . . .

It is being disabled because with your computer specification you do not have Hardware Acceleration available to you for exporting and possibly previewing as you do not have, as @emmrecs stated, and you have posted above

To use hardware acceleration with Intel® Quick Sync, your machine must meet the following requirements:

A generation 4, 5, 6, or 7 Intel CPU with Intel® HD Graphics.

. . . . Program is already started on this computer  . . . .

With Photostory closed, open Task Manager and scroll down to processes section and check to see if Photostory is still running - if it is end the task.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 11/26/2020, 5:02 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.