'Transition length' field in Magix PhotoStory 2013 alway shows 0s, and is never enabled?

driversoft wrote on 4/14/2013, 7:28 PM

I'm trying to use Magic Photostory 2013 (recently purchased offer with Adorage) to build and burn a simple DVD. So far, everything I've tried has worked, with the exception of changing the transition length for a ProDAD Adorage transition (which I have as my intro transition). I can select such a transition and activate it, but it's always one second long, which isn't appropriate for the selected transition type. I can't find any setting, either in Adorage or Photostory which will let me change this. I can see a 'Transition Length' field in PhotoStory, but that never seems to be enabled, and always reads '0s'(!) - I appreciate I might be missing something obvious, so wonder whether I could be pointed in the right direction?

Windows 7, Sony VAIO laptop.

Paul

Comments

cpc000cpc wrote on 4/15/2013, 2:31 AM

driversoft,

A wild guess not having PhotoStory nor on my MEP editing machine: Transitions are, sort of by definition effects between two objects. You are putting one at the start which is a 'fade in' type effect. Perhaps the one you want to use will work if you use it as a transition between a plain black image of suitable length (jpeg or bmp etc) and your first clip.

Regards,

Carl

driversoft wrote on 4/15/2013, 8:24 AM

Thanks very much Carl for taking the time and trouble to help - you were indeed correct, and now I have a suitable transition - and I feel ever so slightly silly too! I'm a newbie to video editing, but enjoying the learning curve.

cpc000cpc wrote on 4/16/2013, 4:39 AM

Your message is much appreciated. So many of the suggestions offered by users here seems to go unnoticed. :-(

Newbie now means contributor later!

Don't worry about feeling silly -- it's being serious that can be deadly!