Track Markers

biggie wrote on 12/23/2008, 7:02 AM
Thanks for this Ralftaro. Originally I tried the option that you suggest: Going straight to 'export' and the 'audio CD'. I then got a message saying that no CDR drive could be found? Very odd as my drive is fine and I can burn CD's easily using other applications.

I'm fine with mp3 files without track markers. What I'm really after is an audio CD with a seamless mix, but where I can flick between mixed tracks. Any idea how I can ensure that Magix can locate my drive?

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 12/23/2008, 7:39 AM
Hi again,

Thanks for further clarifying this and explaining why you're going via the audio file export for burning. Seems like Cleaning Lab doesn't properly recognize your burner. This can happen. As there are several different reasons for this kind of problem, there are several things you could try to get around it:

First of all, make sure you're using the latest Magix burn routines. This software interface for the CD/DVD-writing gets updated on a fairly regular basis (about once or twice a year) and always implements improvements and support for newer burners. You can find it in the downloads/tools section on the Magix support website. Here's a direct link:

* current Magix burn routines (December 2008)

While you're at it, you might also want to check for a firmware update for your CD writer. This way, you can get the latest bugfixes and improvements from the manufacturer of the drive.

Burning problems can also be caused by software conflicts, i.e. other background tasks and filter drivers that are relevant to burning and optical drive functionality conflicting with the burning process in the Magix program. Without knowing what other software you're running on your system, I can only make the very general recommendation of checking what software on your machine might fall into this category and whether you could temporarily disable/remove it for testing purposes.

If you can't overcome the burning problem and Cleaning Lab or you want to keep using the workaround of burning in another application for simplicity's sake, here are a few more tips: First of all, I would strongly recommend export CD-quality WAV files from Cleaning Lab, rather than MP3 files. By compressing your cleaned and mastered recording to MP3 (i.e. a lossy audio format) just to turn it back into an audio CD again, you're effectively wasting quality.

As far as the seamless replay of the CD is concerned, I guess the program you're using for burning would have to be capable of removing pauses between audio CD tracks completely and burn the whole disc in DAO (disc at once) mode. This should enable you to achieve your goal of seamless replay without any pauses between tracks. These days, many CD burning programs should feature this option.

I hope this helps.