Comments

sheppo wrote on 4/25/2018, 12:26 AM

only thing i can think of is that the VSTI is not installed in the default directory. You will need to open the pluigin manager from the view menu, then the 'configure VST' icon on the far right to and add any additional folders where VSTs and VSTIs are located. I think you need to do this in both the 32bit and 64bit version of the app separately.

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 4/25/2018, 4:01 AM

@peterpriess-poulsen please let us know, if the solution from @sheppo has worked. 🙂

If you need further assistance, please contact our technical support.

peterpriess-poulsen wrote on 4/25/2018, 11:00 AM

Unfortunately it didnt work. In the plug in manager there is all the maps that all my plugins and soft synth are located in, and it says the maps are scanned. I have tried to delete the maps and added them again and scanned witth the same result........nothing in my soft synth list😞😫

peterpriess-poulsen wrote on 4/25/2018, 11:01 AM

The plugins dont even figure in the maps failed, ignored and unavailable.....

peterpriess-poulsen wrote on 4/25/2018, 11:09 AM

I have now found my toontrack products under soft synth in the plug in manager. They are located in the map "failed". "EZdrummer (bit??)" it says......! When i try to scan the toontrack map, it keeps saying "no" instead of "yes" like all the other maps do....

peterpriess-poulsen wrote on 4/25/2018, 11:46 AM

And now my misery is absolutely complete!

Now i cant even open ACID 8 64-bit. Windows stops the loading screen with an error message that says something like this: "windows has detected an error and will shut down the program" I have uninstalledx the program and reinstalled it, but the same thing happens.

After a little bit of research i have found out that windows says that "the program is incompatible".

So i guess im a little lost now......Yesterday the program worked fine despite the problems with plugins.

sheppo wrote on 4/25/2018, 12:05 PM

I feel your pain. It's annoying when something doesn't work as expected. Let's try some things, and sorry if these sound patronising.

1. I've noticed with a lot Acid products over the years, the VST manager is not so good when Acid encounters a crash. I often end up with multiple instances it running in the background, which in turn makes Acid act inconsistently. It's a cliché, but did you restart your PC?
  2. I'm not familiar with Toontrack specifically, but have you checked that you're running the latest version, and that it's compatible with Acid Pro 8? It's entirely possible they don't have it on their compatible DAW list yet given how new Acid Pro 8, but it's worth checking.
  3. To get Acid at least loading again, find the VST folder where toontrack is installed, and simply rename it to something else Acid doesn't know. e.g. d:\vst\toontrack -> d:\vst\toontrack.bak, then go to the plugin manager, remove the old folder, then rename the folder back.
  4. You didn't mention whether you had this plugin working on an earlier version of Acid or not. However, some VSTs don't like having the x64 and x86 versions installed in the same directory. Try installing each archictecture to a different folder, and then only loading the relevant folder in to the plugins list in Acid. I personally use d:\vst\x86 and d:\vst\x64, it just keeps it tidy.
  5. Definitely reach out to technical support - I'm just a fellow Acid Pro user trying to help, but I don't have their indepth knowledge. :-)
william-buck wrote on 4/25/2018, 3:18 PM

I can confirm that EZdrummer 2 (64bit VST) is working natively in AP8 64bit. FWIW, all of my 64bit VST plugins from a wide variety of third party vendors (UAD, Softube, Slate, Native Instruments Complete 10, SoundToys, WAVES, IKM, Lexicon, Izotope, etc.) were successfully scanned the first time through. Which is impressive considering I have over a 1000 VST plugins (all 64bit). Of note, my dedicated DAW is all 64bit (Win 10, all apps and plugins). I eliminated all of my 32bit apps and plugins when I went to Win 10 64bit several years ago to keep my system as stable as possible (I don't like using bit bridges as they add add'l processing overhead and unpredictable behaviors). If you have the 64bit VST version (preferable) use it and make sure any 32bit versions are not scanned as having mutiple versions of the same plugin accessible by your DAW can lead to instability.

Reaper wrote on 11/12/2018, 6:54 PM

@peterpriess-poulsen please let us know, if the solution from @sheppo has worked. 🙂

If you need further assistance, please contact our technical support.

@MAGIX_Redaktion i can't get ezdrummer 2 to work in Acid Pro 8 either. it will not recognize it and when i direct the scanner to the folder it's in, in the scanned section, it just says "no". Toontrack has on their site that it supports Acid Pro 7 and above. it worked fine in 7 for me, but i can't get it to pop up in Acid Pro 8, at all.

Reaper wrote on 4/14/2019, 4:30 AM

@peterpriess-poulsen @sheppo I've figured it out. Open EZDrummer 2 (64 bit) standalone, click on "help" in the top left corner and click on "show plug-in path". Now, in Acid Pro 8, have the VST scanner in the Plug-In Manager scan the path that EZDrummer showed you and it will pop up in Acid. I was about to go nuts until I figured it out.

I haven't found a way to get the 32 bit version to make any sound though. I got it to open though. not sure what that's about