Comments

Man o' Lakes wrote on 7/12/2010, 4:45 AM
Hi there.

Try starting your computer in Windows Safe Mode, (details in Windows help)  and installing using the option as administrator. Make  sure that no other USB device is connected, not even a hub, mouse and keyboard ok, and also make sure that you are plugging the device directly into a USB port on your computer.

If that doesn't do it, get in touch directly with Magix Support, or provide a little more background info for people here.

cheers,

M o' L
rogdodge wrote on 7/13/2010, 2:25 AM
Hi,

I had the same problem. Hence my question in Q&A whether this was the most asked question on these forums. ;-)

I managed to sort the driver problem out this way. I cannot swear it will work every time.

I. I deleted all the Magix software I had already installed and some folders that remained afterwards and started again. I had not managed to create a project so did not lose anything.

2. The link below was provided by mi-bo on the PC & Technology category forum.

3. I downloaded and installed it and the USB was recognised. I then tried it with WMM and it worked so I have continued using that program. I will reinstall Magix software once I have transfered my most important tapes

http://download.magix.net/magix_usb-videowandler_2.exe.  
Man o' Lakes wrote on 7/13/2010, 4:58 AM
Hi there,

the driver which rogdodge used sounds good, but, when I ran it to fix mine, MAGIX said only via a folder, and not directly from the desktop. You don't have to deinstall any Magix software though, that's a different kettle of fish.

Keep yours installed, and download and install that driver below. Once installed, the usb device will be recognised and you can choose it for capturing.

Rogdodge, you can install the software part of the package, but do NOT proceed to install another/different installer, which is also on the disc, as yours is already working nicely.

Good work fellas,

cheers M o' L